email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access IMAP/POP3 outlook/phone

FleetcareARC
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Hello,

Last week we signed up to mail+ account so we could keep out old Tiscali email address.

As of last Thursday, outlook would not receive email (it would send). It repeatedly asks for the password.

We can access the webmail with our old email and password. Our email shows up under the manage talktalk email section on the website.

I tried to delete all the POP3 email settings in both outlook and on iphone and re-start using IMAP (as susggested in help). Now i cant access any emails on either Outlook or Iphone.

Constantly get pop up boxes asking for the password which is correct as i can log in online.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC, thanks for providing the security information. I've had the account unrestricted. Please test and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 14

Ah, if you started a Mail Plus subscription just recently then you'll have been restricted to webmail access only because the Direct Debit takes around 10 to 14 days to set up and action a subscription. The billing system will trigger the reinstatement of full access. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we have the Mail+ subscription from last week as i belive the 7th was the cut off date for us. I assume although we've paid and subscribed there must be a box to tick on your end to allow the mail to be used with the apps as suggested.

Thanks for all the help, it looks positive that we have a solution. 

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC 

Ah, that last try with Microsoft Mail indicates that the mailbox has been restricted to webmail access only.  Now that's something that shouldn't have happened to any mailbox address that's been added to an active MyAccount.  I assume you're up to date with your MailPlus subscription?

There have been a few users recently indicating that their mailbox address has been 'unlinked' from their MyAccount that as a result would give rise to the restriction to webmail only access.

Ady will get the MyAccount team to re-link the email address to your MyAccount as this is something that you cannot do because the listing is still present in the My Mailboxes list effectively preventing you from adding it again.  Don't be tempted to delete the listing because that could permanently delete the mailbox.

A confusing situation and one that Ady and the back office MyAccount team will be on the case to fix for you.

Message 5 of 14

I've also tried this on Microsoft "Mail" and when trying to add the email address it comes back as "we could not find info for that account, please check the address is correct and try again".

So thats three different email apps not accepting the address or password.

Also when i changed the password i used different special characters so i cant see it being that.

Cheers

Message 6 of 14

Hello,

I have successfully logged in to the web mail with the new Secure password no problem.

I follow the iphone setup guide on here and once i've added my email and password i get the error message: "No Password provided for (the account name i chose), please go to mail account and add password"

It then takes me to the new account IMAP and POP server details. I checked these and changed them to the details provided in the setup help guide. Mail and smtp details etc.

When i click next. i get the same Password message as above.

When i try to do the same with Microsoft Outlook on PC. I can put all the details in. But again, it recurringly asks me for a password.

All of this worked until last thursday, and had done for the past few years. We've changed nothing other than having to sign up for the Mail+ so we dont lose our account.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC 

If you saw a green banner message in your MailPlus MyAccount indicating you successfully changed the password then after allowing 5 minutes for the mail platform to be updated you should be able to check the new ultrastrong password is working via webmail. The strength is in the length and so long as the password contains multicase letters and numbers and an allowed symbol you should be good. Be aware that some mail apps do refuse to recognise some symbols.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in to check the new password is recognised.

If you're trying Outlook on the iPhone be aware that this does not appear to communicate directly with the TalkTalk Mail servers. 

There are other mail apps and whilst helping another customer we both tried the Bluemail app. If that's available from the app store then it will set up perfectly using just the email address and password. Worth making sure the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and the Internet before downloading and setting up.

Message 8 of 14

Hi,

I have changed the password to a longer one with more complexity.

I just tried to add the account to my iphone again and it said "no password is present". which it is. its written exactly how i added it.

I've also tried to add the account to Outlook with POP and IMAP and it still asks for the password repeatedly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC 

I'm aware that the mail servers will detect a weak password presented via a mail app. Do you believe your password is as strong as it needs to be?

If the password hasn't been changed for a while it's worth upgrading the password.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email address and or mobile number can receive a password reset link or 6 digit code. Please try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.

If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one of those to send a password reset. However, if you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the email account itself or, preferably, update your Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Advice on upgrading your email password is given in this post: Upgrade your legacy mail password 

Message 10 of 14

Perfect thanks i've just set this and now re-done the verification.

Cheers

Message 11 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC 

Your telephone enquiry password is set up via your MailPlus customer MyAccount.

Message 12 of 14

Hi Ady,.

I have done the secure verification although i wasnt sure what my "enquiry password" is?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi FleetcareARC, I can help you with this. I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.