email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access a legacy email

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

I have had an @virgin.net email address for approx 20 years. Since Thursday 09/09/21 I have not been able to access my mailbox. Upon several calls/Web chats with Virgin Media I was told that they sold my email account to Talk Talk approx 7 years ago and that it was nothing to do with them anymore. I have tried contacting Talk Talk for assistance but they referred me back to Virgin Media! I urgently need to access the email account, if not for ongoing use then to at least to get all my saved emails copied onto a temporary Gmail account. Please can anyone help. Thank you. Anita

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 3

AnitaS has left the building! Had her orphan Virgin.net email mailbox deleted by Virgin Media because that's what Virgin Media do when you're no longer their customer.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi AnitaS 

You have been given the correct information by TalkTalk Consumer customer service.

Virgin offloaded to TalkTalk some non Virgin network customers. However Virgin retained full control of the Virgin managed mail. 

Customers that were moved to TalkTalk were given notice that the Virgin email address would be deleted after 12 months. However, quite a few addresses remained working. But now Virgin are catching up on these 'orphan' email addresses and deleting them. 

Go to Virgin Media Community and the Email forum and search for 'orphan email addresses' and you'll see confirmation of this situation. This is entirely under the control of Virgin Media. 

Nothing that TalkTalk can do for you except as a TalkTalk customer you can create and use up to 5 talktalk.net email addresses if you wish. Or use Gmail which is useful anyway as a backup or recovery email address. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes