email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email account (Tiscali)

Angi31
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)

Morning, the above message appeared when I tried to access emails this morning.Tiscali account. Everything was fine yesterday. I’ve tried resetting password and received a reset code via text but still no joy. I’ve sent an email from another account and it has bounced back saying address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. Verifalia said undeliverable.Please can you help me. Thank you Angie 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

That's great Angie, thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Angi31
First Timer
Message 3 of 12

Hi Ady, 

Thank you for all your help today. I’m pleased to say I am now back into my email account. Angie

Message 4 of 12

Hi Angi31, I've just had confirmation from the Email management team that they're working to unbar the accounts affected. It will happen in the next hour or two. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 12

That message will follow shortly as there's a delay in getting PMs activated on your account. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Angi31, I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Message 7 of 12

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.

Message 8 of 12

On the basis that the mailbox cannot be located on the TalkTalk Mail platform I've asked TalkTalk Mail Support to investigate.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes

Angi31
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

Hi there,

I've successfully reset password again using recovery code method as was getting same message when trying to log in. Still not working and saying user deactivated. If I put in an old password it tells me password incorrect so something strange is going on!
Very frustrating!! Appreciate your help though.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

Have you successfully upgraded the password? Let us know.

There is a mailbox barring process that gets triggered if the mailbox is reported for sending spam. If the mailbox password is compromised then upgrading the password to lock out an unauthorised user is required. There may be a short delay before the mailbox is re-authenticated.

Let us know that you're back in control.

But do let us know if you are a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscriber and if so is the email address listed in your customer MyAccount? 

I'm thinking that accounts may be being barred as an interim process prior to deletion when users are not current customers. But we would appreciate knowing your customer status to see if this is a possible new (not previously announced) scenario.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi Angi31 

On the evidence so far, the mailbox is deleted. But there is one more check to do.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

But you may see a deleted error message. Let us know.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscriber and if so is the email address listed in your customer MyAccount?

Let us know if you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer taking Future Fibre broadband. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the Future Fibre MyAccount.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Login is disabled email error message

Deleted Email error message

Managing your email in My Account