Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to access lineone email account

7 REPLIES 7
chongng
First Timer

I have the same problem accessing my lineone.net emails. My details are in my profile as suggested. Can someone from Talktalk help me reset my password? Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @chongng

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the lineone email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the lineone email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.

If not, just double check what you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here from Monday onwards to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

chongng
First Timer

I have used the Password Recovery option, but although the Talktalk website says that an email with the reset link has been sent to my recovery email account, it never arrives - I have tried this a few times with the same result.

I have now added the required information to my profile as adviced. I look forward to hearing from your team. Many thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @chongng

Whilst waiting for Ady to have a look next week, just a thought from me - have you checked that the recovery email account is working? Send it an email from another account just to make sure that mail forwarding hasn't been set up. Also, check any Blocked Senders Filtering / Safe Senders List and look in the Trash / Spam and or Junk folders to see if the recovery email has been diverted there.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

chongng
First Timer
The recovery email is now my usual address, no blocks and have checked all folders. Thanks for your advice.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chongng, do I understand correctly that you've got this sorted now?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

chongng
First Timer

Sadly, I have not heard from TalkTalk yet. Would be good if they could call anytime. 

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chongng, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call after 6pm tonight with your new password. Please let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.