email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add an existing tiscali mailbox to my account in Manage TalkTalk Mail

levans55
First Timer
Message 18 of 18

I have 2 TalkTalk accounts but need to cancel one of them as we have moved out of the property.  This account has 2 tiscali mailboxes associated with it which we are still using so I need to add these to my remaining account.

I am using Manage TalkTalk Mail in My Account but when I enter the tiscali email address and password I get a 'Loading' message followed by 'Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later'.

I have had this issue escalated on 2 separate occasions now, one by someone in the Technical Dept. on 2nd October and again by someone on Live Chat on 5th October. On both occasions I was told that the problem would be fixed within 48 hours. It is now 8th October and the problem is still happening and I have had no update on when the issue will be resolved. 

I need to cancel the account but does this mean I'm going to have to pay to keep these mailboxes active even though I should be able to link them to my other account.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

I'm sorry to say that we've not got a date for this to be fixed yet. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Ady, do you have an update on when this issue might be resolved? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi levans55, please don't do anything else. I've raised the escalation to the mail project team to have this sorted for you. As Gondola says absolutely do not under any circumstances delete the mailbox as they'll be lost to you if you do.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

levans55
First Timer
Message 4 of 18

OK, thanks.

Message 5 of 18

I've requested TalkTalk help. Your Community profile should contain the details needed to identify your current MyAccount and the email addresses for transfer, as per my first post in this thread.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

levans55
First Timer
Message 6 of 18

I am entering them correctly. What do I need to do for TalkTalk to move them over for me?

Message 7 of 18

Hi @levans55 

Under NO circumstances should you delete the mailboxes from a MyAccount because that will permanently delete them.

If you're entering an active email address and its password correctly and it's still failing then wait for TalkTalk to move them over for you.

0 Likes

levans55
First Timer
Message 8 of 18

Hi,

Sorry I've been away so unable to reply to your post. The situation now is that I'm past the 30 days notice on the cancelled account but I'm still unable to add the 2 tiscali mailboxes to my current talktalk.net account, same 'Sorry something went wrong' message. It looks as if the mailboxes are still attached to the cancelled account. Should I try and delete them from the old account before trying to add them to the current one? Just need to be certain that they'll still be available on webmail if it doesn't work.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi levans55, I've sent you 2 seperate personal messages. I need you respond to each message one for each account. 

Ady

levans55
First Timer
Message 10 of 18

Hi Ady,  yes they're both in my name.

Message 11 of 18

Hi levans55, are both accounts in your name? If they are I'll need to verify security for both with you. 

Ady

levans55
First Timer
Message 12 of 18

Thanks for your help. I'll check that the email addresses are in the remaining account after 30 days and get back to you if not or if I'm still unable to add them.

Message 13 of 18

Hi levans55 

Yes, ask for the broadband service you're not using, or going to use, to be cancelled. There is a 30 day notice period so the service will not actually cease for a month. The email addresses will be transferred out by then.

Cancel your TalkTalk service

levans55
First Timer
Message 14 of 18

I've changed the login email address on the unwanted account to a non-TalkTalk one. Is it ok to ask for that account to be cancelled now or should I wait until the tiscali email addresses have been successfully added to the remaining account by the support team?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi levans55 

Noted, but prepare the unwanted MyAccount for cancellation by setting up a non-TalkTalk email address for its login. The login still needs to be active for the 12 months after cancellation of the broadband service and if you leave a talktalk address as the login then it's going to remain linked to that account.

levans55
First Timer
Message 16 of 18

Thanks for the information. My preferred option would be for Talk Talk Support to carry out the transfer. I have updated my profile with the information requested.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi levans55 

What I suggest is to prepare the unwanted MyAccount for cancellation by setting up a non-TalkTalk email address for its login. 

That will then enable the easy transfer of the email addresses to the remaining MyAccount after cessation of the unwanted broadband service. 

Cancellation of the unwanted broadband service requires a 30 day notice period. The cancelled MyAccount remains active for 12 months but as soon as the service is ceased at the end of the 30 day notice you should retry the adding of the email addresses to the remaining MyAccount. 

If that doesn't work let us know. If you're ok with that plan just let us know. You'll not lose the email addresses. 

However, if it's vital to get the transfer done faster and there are no more than 3 existing addresses in the wanted MyAccount then I'm sure TalkTalk Support here on Community can carry out the transfer after verification of the account holder details for both services. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number for the wanted MyAccount (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email addresses for transfer, customer account numbers for the wanted and unwanted MyAccounts and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile