email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect previously working email address to server

manz63
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My wife's email will not connect via Outlook on our Windows 10 desktop.

It will connect via the talktalk mail web page, but when trying using Outlook repeatedly brings up the 'Enter your name and password for the following server' message box.

I have checked all the Outlook account settings and they are the same as my working email address. (993,SSL,587,TLS, mail.talktalk.net, smtp.talktalk.net)

I have checked the storage usage (27Mb)

I have deleted and recreated the account in Outlook.

I have tried a different user profile on the desktop.

Nothing works.

The error message is:

Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

So I'm contacting my ISP.  Please can yhou advise what I need to do to resolve this?

Stu

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi manz63, let us know how you get on with Gondola's advice. If you don't have an active account or if your wife's email address isn't associated to your account then it's probably been restricted to webmail only. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi manz63 

Please review the email password strength and follow the advice here: Upgrade your legacy mail password to upgrade the email password.  This is to cover the case that the mail servers are detecting a weak password even though webmail is working ok.

But if you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customers then the mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to  TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of the TalkTalk email address then add that address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.

Let us know what the status is as regards being a TalkTalk Consumer customer and whether the email address is added to the customer MyAccount / My Mailboxes list.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution