email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to server

Maggie-P
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

Email was fine yesterday. This morning I am getting the "cannot connect to server" message in Outlook for both my Ukgateway and Tiscail addresses. On my phone the Tisacli address appears to be connecting but the Ukgateway address receives message imap.tiscali.co.uk not responding. 

I can log into webmail which appears to be receiving emails for both addresses but not sending - message "sender domains invalid"

Has this anything to so with the planned maintenance last night. There often seem to email issues the day following maintenance?

Margaret Pringle
12 REPLIES 12

theid
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 13

Please give a link.   "Service Status" is too broad to pin it down.   Okay - I found it under Service Centre.   There are, indeed, problems with e-mail and planned maintenance.    Quelle surprise!!!

theid
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 13

Hi all, there's a notfication of the service status board now. Keep an eye on it, but you'll see that it's working when the fix is put in place. 

If you want it working quicker change your mail settings to Mail.talktalk.net for inbound and Smtp.talktalk.net for outbound and it will work perfectly.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

davidl1
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 13

Same here in South Cheshire it's a pain !

David
0 Likes

davidl1
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 13

Same here in South Cheshire it's a pain ! 

David
0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 13

This is the message I get:    

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [*****@tiscali.co.uk] (550 - 550 5.1.0 ApevmNtqHpEhg Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)

theid
0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 13

Just checked.   E-mails arriving through talktalk website but still unable to send.   Still no emails arriving through Thunderbird.   

theid
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

This morning mine will not link or connect to outlook on windows or my mobile. Webmail seems to that I have just installed on PC. Cannot see how to post as a separate posting. Help!

Whatever trying to remain positive
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

Hi Maggie-P 

Looks like there's a DNS fail for the tiscali domain.

Have you tried webmail?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Are you using the recommended settings for TalkTalk Mail?

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 13

As other posters have mentioned on other posts the e-mails from talktalk are arriving through the talktalk website but still

no connection through Thunderbird.

theid
0 Likes

Emmat85
Participant
Message 10 of 13

Im having the same issue with emails.camt send or receive. Not sure how to start my own post on here. 

Emma T

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 11 of 13

I am in Hackney, North London so maybe it's affecting the whole of that area?

theid
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 13

Same here in north London.     When I attempt to receive or send e-mails - either through talktalk website or Thunderbird I am told there is no connection to server!        Come on talktalk!!!!!!!

theid
0 Likes