email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to forward an email from one talktalk account to another

Loendust
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Hope someone can advise or point me in the right direction. I'm having problems with receving emails forwarded by my wife who is sending from a talktalk email account to my talktalk email account.

To be honest, we get this problem fairly regularly and end up using another account which is not connected to talktalk.

Myself and my wife are sending emails which are working as normal,  but not to each other.

The emails are returned as a Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

A messsage that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed.

host mx.talktalk.net (62.24.202.42)

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

552.5.2.0 FelWkJm6rAg3aFelWk03XD

DMARC Verification Failed (TT602)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Loendust, you're in great hands with Gondola. If it gets to the point when you need our help Gondola will let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Loendust 

This will be caused by the setup of the email client that's not getting network authentication.  Is she using a direct connection to the TalkTalk network or perhaps using a VPN connection?

Before troubleshooting just use TalkTalk Mail (webmail) to send each other a message just to prove the mailbox is working ok.

Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives in the other person's Inbox.

Let us know what email software your wife is using, whether one or both is in the UK or overseas and whether she's connected via a VPN. 

Email Settings are listed for TalkTalk managed email addresses. The recommended setup is to use IMAP with SSL/TLS connection security, authentication by normal password and if required by the software to tick the requirement to get network authentication.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution