email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link Tiscali email account to my broadband account

Suedix
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I had an email recently telling me that if I don't link my email address to my active broadband account or pay £50 to upgrade my email account it would be deleted. I went on to my account to link my Tiscali email account to my talktalk broadband account but it tells me that I don't have an active broadband account so I cannot add any email accounts!! I have been on the online chat 3 times to be told each time that it will be sorted within 24-72 hours. Each time I wait 7 days and still nothing has changed!! I really don't know what to do, I can no longer access my emails from my phone unless I go onto Safari and login that way. Does anyone know what I can do??? Please Help!!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi Suedix, thanks for confirming the security information. I've had your email address associated to your live account. It's still limited, but that will be lifted shortly. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi Suedix, I'll get the request put through for you. I need you to provide the information requested in the secure verification link. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK, the next thing is you update your Community profile as explained so it's ready for TalkTalk support to pick up in the morning and I'll push in an explanatory request for a fault ticket to get those email addresses moved over to your current MyAccount. Won't take long and even faster if you've prepared as I've outlined.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Suedix
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

I am selecting the current account but it still has the yellow banner and won't let me add an email account. I have contacted TalkTalk 3 times on the online chat and was told this would be sorted within 24-72 hours but the last contact was about a week ago and I have contacted someone on Twitter tonight who said someone would be in touch with me tomorrow! This has been going on now for about 4 weeks in total and I am now at a loss of what to do next!!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Suedix 

Ensure you're selecting the currently active account number after signing in to your MyAccount. It often defaults to an older account so you need to ensure the newer account number is selected. Then when you select MyServices from the toolbar and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the dropdown menu it should take you to the My Mailboxes area without the orange banner message. 

There should be an Add an existing TalkTalk Mailbox section at the bottom of the list.  As you got the email from TalkTalk about adding the email addresses to your My Account then this is where you do that.

Manage TalkTalk Mail Feb2021.png

Managing your email in My Account see the section email not showing in MyAccount. You'll just need the email address and its password.

Let us know if that's worked.  If it has the email addresses should appear in the list straight away.

If not then take no other action but let us know so a fault ticket can be raised to get those addresses moved over for you.  Just add the relevant addresses to your Community profile private notes and make sure your home phone telephone number or current account number is included so TalkTalk can positively identify you and your account.

Suedix
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Yes that is the banner that I see. Yes I have home broadband. Yes signing in to my current account there is a past account but I am not signing in to that one.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Suedix 

Are you a current TalkTalk Consumer customer taking a home broadband product? Are you signing in to the current MyAccount and selecting the current account number if there are multiple accounts being available i.e. current account and past accounts?

Is the orange banner message the one you see in your MyAccount?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Not a broadband or Mail Plus customer.png