email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login

King-fisher1
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi 

I note there are posts about not being able to login to webmail. have the same issue on both pc and iPad just get the 3 blinking dots. 
Also, if I access the account though the mail App on the iPad it, shows all messages (even old ones) as unread and shows only the inbox and sent folders. Strangely the account appears to be working fine on my iPhone?

Tried live chat, no help! So any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @King-fisher1 

Looking good.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi

managed to login by refusing all preferences (doesn’t always ask)

Also I deleted the account from my iPad, signed in via web then reloaded the account into mail app. Low and behold the account is working ok and synchronised (had tried this previously with no success)?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @King-fisher1 

We don't know exactly the root cause of why some people see the animated three grey dots cycling round and don't get a quick sign in.

But as it appears to be related to either Internet security software scanning or saved cookies the fix is to either suspend security scans or to delete cookies and cache on the browser and when signing in to TalkTalk Mail you'll get a cookies consent pop-up and you select Accept none and confirm with Yes proceed and you get signed in.

The iPad would appear to be set up as a POP3 mail account and so downloads only the Inbox. The sent folder is a local folder only on the iPad. 

As you're using multiple devices you'd be better to have all devices set as IMAP accounts. Then all folders could be synchronised to the online mailbox for all devices. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes