email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open email account

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

My Account shows 5 available spaces to create email addresses, however, there's no create mailbox link or similar, just a link to manage talktalk mail. I click this and I get 'Functions not available'

Can anyone tell me what I'm misssing please?

My IT skills were gained with a large net in a very shallow pond.
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 18

No worries, thanks for looking into it.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 18

My apologies, I saw the word link in there and misunderstood that it was what you were trying to do. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 18

As Gondola has kindly reiterated, and I thought I stated the issue clearly in my initial post. I am resisting the urge to be a grumpy old git, but if you're going to respond to a query, please ensure you have understood the actual request being made before responding.

Now I understand the offer to add existent accounts, but it still doesn't solve my issue, I guess I'll wait until such time the bug is fixed, thanks Gondola and Ady.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

@Ady-TalkTalk The customer does not have email addresses to add. 

The bug is preventing the creation of new email addresses.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 18

Hi 0ldgit, we don't have a confirmed date for the fix of the issue with MyAccount. If we add the emails for you we simply use a backend system to make sure your email addresses are associated with your account. We don't have access to passwords or mail in the mailbox. 

Any mailboxes you have that aren't associated with the account could be limited to webmail only.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 18

Much appreciated 👍

Message 7 of 18

Perfect clarification. It's a standard MyAccount (linked to Fibre 65) and the Functions not available is clearly an error because a live account should give access to create new mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform. We have seen this bug before so I'm sure it's a back office resolution and just needs a fault ticket raising to the MyAccount team. I'll stay on the case for you until its fully resolved.

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 18

Ah right, this is what I have in place of that:MailScreenshot 2021-07-28 .png

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Yes, an issue within MyAccount back end that is not allowing connection to the mail platform to create any new email addresses.

Manage TalkTalk Mail Feb2021.png

You should be able to see the Create a mailbox link.

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 18

Fibre65. I can't see any mention of not yet live anywhere in my account details, so i'm guessing this is a web end issue?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 18

I'm sure the Functions not available error message can be fixed by clearing the not yet live status. What type of home broadband service do you have from TalkTalk Consumer? 

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 18

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass on that. Just to be clear, I was asking as to why I can't set up a talktalk email address. I'd never ask anyone else to set up and email account for me purely for security reasons.

Message 13 of 18

Hi Oldgit, if you add your list of emails that you need to add to your MyAccount in the private notes of your community profile I'll get them added for you. 

Ady

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 18

Much appreciated, have a good one.

Message 15 of 18

In that case there's a MyAccount issue that TalkTalk need to fix. 

I'll alert the team for you.

0ldgit
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 18

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes, broadband's been live for a month or so.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Has your broadband service gone live? You will need to wait until the service is active before the system will allow you to create email addresses.