email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive emails from Amazon

BladesGirl
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 3

My Amazon account has been hacked, and I'm now aware that this could have been accessed by my talktalk email also being hacked. I've followed the advice from a previous thread about disabling Autoforward, which wasn't actually enabled, but there was then a box ticked for 'process subsequent rules'. It doesnt show a list of these rules as I would have expected according to previous Forum advice, and when I untick this box, the change won't save.  Help??

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi BladesGirl, have you run AntiVirus and malware scans on your devices to ensure there's nothing on them like keyloggers or data trackers?

If you have then I'd reset the password for your email using the password reset tool. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @BladesGirl 

Don't worry about the Auto forward process subsequent rules remaining ticked. That's perfectly normal.

I assume the Auto forward was not originally enabled to send to an address you don't recognise? And when you select Filter rules in the left side panel that there are no Filter rules showing. If so that's perfect. 

NB Filter rules are not accessible via a mobile browser so if using a mobile device select the desktop site / desktop browser version via the browser's settings - triple vertical dots top right. Disable or Delete all Filter rules. And let us know what you find.

Do you suspect that your TalkTalk Mail account has been compromised?  If so, the hacker could still be collecting and deleting mails incoming to your Inbox. You must change the mailbox password. Changing your email password.  Allow up to 5 minutes for the password change to take effect.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail  to check the password is working.

Then compose and send the mailbox a message. Check the message sends without error and is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives in and stays in the Inbox.

If still not receiving any Amazon mail then either Amazon have stopped sending and you need to re-verify your mailbox with them or the hacker has changed the email address. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer