email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive emails via pop3 Tiscali server

Robz Taylor
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

I can send but not receive emails, getting error message 0X8004210E and ERR [SYS / TEMP]. Very frustrating! 

Help, please.

Thanx!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Robz Taylor
First Timer
Message 1 of 6

Can you help, please? Error message earlier in the day was 0X8004210E.

Very frustrated.

thank you.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Robz Taylor

Does webmail work ok?

The error indicates the mailbox is unavailable.  If it's unavailable in webmail also then there's a system error or mailbox corruption that requires fixing. 

Try suspending or disabling anti-virus scanning in case that's locking up your email client. There have been a few issues with some anti-virus products lately.

If webmail works ok then try setting up an IMAP client to see if that works for you.

The Tiscali email settings you need are:

Account Type  IMAP
Login / Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security SSL
Outgoing Authentication Yes

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes the Tiscali email address - scroll down and add to Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your Tiscali email account to check it out.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 4 of 6

Hi Robz Taylor, I've run a repair for you in case there's a glitch on the mailbox. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

wgcuser
Wise Owl
Message 5 of 6

@Robz Taylor wrote:

I can send but not receive emails, getting error message 0X8004210E and ERR [SYS / TEMP]. Very frustrating! 

Help, please.

Thanx!

Robz, A Google search (other search engines available!) reveals that an apparently similar problem to yous was "solved" in post https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Error-Code-0x8004210E/td-p/1723281

There are many posts on this Forum dealing with strange errors when using various versions email clients such as Outlook. However please don't overlook the possibility that your problem may be down to:-

Settings in the mail client - Port nos./ Encryption / Password Authentication

Recent patch to windows (especially windows 10) .

Recent patch /update to your ant-virus software.

Or a problem with your mailbox at Tiscali.

Meanwhile I find it strange that  a reply to you shows a table of settings which relate to IMAP when your cry for help stated you were using  POP.

Again, this forum has many posts relating to POP even though many people nowadays prefer IMAP. It's a bit like me saying use gmail instead!

Message 6 of 6

Hi Robz Taylor, is the problem sorted now or do you need more help?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes