email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive emails

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 19

Still no mails since Friday to my wife's (unmigrated) pipex account.

It is of little help to her unfortunately but my newly migrated pipex mail is working fine!

This getting very serious for her and I really hope that TalkTalk are actually working night and day on it.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 19

Hi @PeterAA 

I recall that you had 3 pipex mailboxes - all primary mailboxes. So each will get their own mailbox and sign in on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Great to know that your pipex mailbox upgrade went well and is working on the new platform.

Did your wife receive the upgrade complete mail message from TalkTalk? 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 19

My wife has not received the upgrade complete message and her webmail access is still diverted to the old Homecall site.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

If the expected timescales were kept then the migration would have been scheduled at 14 days after the first mail message in the sequence of the three recent mail messages from TalkTalk aboiut the upgrade. So the question is when did the first relevant mail message arrive?

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 19

The first upgrade email arrived on the 10th and the 2nd on the 17th.

Does this now look like a failed upgrade?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

It looks like a delayed upgrade and if it did happen this weekend then it may be an upgrade in transit and not yet finalised.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 19

Can we please have an update on this.

Is anyone doing anything?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page (Recently resolved issues).  If not resolved for you please confirm what's happening as you see it.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 19

I'm sorry, but the Service Status says that the problem is fixed.

It clearly isn't!

Message 10 of 19

What issues are outstanding for your wife's email address?

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 19

She has still received no emails since Friday morning from anyone outside Talktalk and I continue to try to communicate via a gmail account.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi PeterAA 

In theory your wife's email address should be migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform (based on the timing of the mail messages from TalkTalk).

If you're not getting any failed delivery messages back to gMail then I suspect your wife's email is directed to the mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

So, if, as we think, the email address is a primary pipex address the issue is getting her signed in to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 19

Her webmail access is still being diverted to the Homecall site.

Is this not an indicator of migration?

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 19

btw mails to her from gmail are eventually failing after 23 hours with Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

The redirect out to homecall is because the sign in authentication doesn't recognise the email address. So either the sign in authentication hasn't been updated i.e. the upgrade hasn't been finalised fully or the email address isn't a primary address after all.

The gMail retry fail is indicative of what was happening over the weekend when the pipex servers were busy and or buffer queues were full of mail awaiting final delivery.

I suspect all the admins have done this morning is get the delivery of mail going again i.e. they see the buffer queues being emptied as mail is delivered so that new mail can be accepted.

The issue of getting your wife signed in to the mailbox is really just the outstanding issue. So, I think that's needing a fault ticket. Ady will ask you to confirm your wife's email address and if the emails from TalkTalk also indicated it was the primary address.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 19

It occurs to me that the password on the failing account will almost certainly be deemed insecure in the 'new' system.  

I case it would help I tried to change that password on the admin page - but after I entered a new password the admin system then decided that the username didn't in fact exist. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi PeterAA 

If the sign in authentication isn't updated with the sign in for the mailbox then a password change wouldn't work even if the mailbox is up on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 19

I am pleased to report that her emails are now arriving.

Can you please confirm what action now needs to be taken with sign in authentication 

0 Likes

PeterAA
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 19

@StephenF  suggested elsewhere that the backlog of mail from Friday and Saturday was still waiting to be processed.  They have not arrived.  Are they still to be expected?

When will the incomplete Migration of these accounts be completed?

0 Likes