email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive emails.

CitizenX
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Since yesterday (11/12/2021) morning, I've been unable to receive any emails using my desktop email software or webmail. Desktop just says there is "an error" (really useful!) and webmail says "unable to connect". My email address is @Tiscali.co.uk if that is relevant.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Excellent, thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

It's working fine since yesterday (13/12/21) afternoon, thanks.

Message 3 of 9

Hi all, an issue was found and fixed on the servers yesterday. Please let us know if you're still having problems.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

CitizenX
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

24 Hours later, still no email. In a related question, does TalkTalk actually have a support system now? The last time I had a problem, I just used the "chat" feature to contact their support staff, but that seems to have gone, and their "help" link just goes to this community site. It seems like they don't have a support system at all.

hamster9
First Timer
Message 5 of 9

i have added my email address to my community profile 

Message 6 of 9

There was a delay identifying the fault. My mailboxes and many others are working as normal. Another member says just one of their block of email addresses is impacted.

But with the help of member to member troubleshooting I reported the issue yesterday to TalkTalk and the fault report was sent to the Mail platform operator.

The fault will be fixed as soon as possible. I don't have visibility of when that will be. Do let us know as soon as you get access once more.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

CitizenX
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the quick response! I've added my email address as per your request. Note that I've been unable to access my emails for >24 hours.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi CitizenX 

OX Mail Fault: Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

It's a local issue at the TalkTalk Mail platform and some mailboxes are not being accessed. I've reported the issue to TalkTalk and it's been alerted to the Mail platform operator.

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes