cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to receive emails

pbar100
Enlightened One

Last time this issue occured, all of the mails were lost I'm afraid, Pipex users were left with no way to access all of the missing incoming mail. Just in case you may be hoping to retrieve your mails when this latest issue is fixed.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi All

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk telephone numbers to your Community Profiles so we can look into this further.

Is the issue only with receiving emails?

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi

The issue raised with Pipex emails is now showing on our Service Status page and updates will be provided here under email.

Thanks

Debbie

ico99
Team Player

Update - 1 'send failure' response received.

Yesterday (Saturday) I sent three email from a non-Pipex account:

a) 1 to xxx@dial.pipex.com (my 'main' account and email

b) 1 to yyy@dial.pipex.com (one of my four other email addresses linked to my main account)

c) 1 to aliasyyy@dial.pipex.com (the 'alias' more friendly name for the previous email address.

Turns out that late last night, 1 'send failure' email received back - just for c) though. No 'send failures for a) or b).

However if I log in to webmail for a) [using new link, which jumps to olde webmail still], no sign of the incoming email.

Hope they have the engineers working over the weekend on this...

HTH

Poorgolfer
First Timer

The problem isn’t accessing the accounts I can log into my webmail (old pipex) and can access mailbox via email clients. The problem is that no email is being delivered to the mailboxes. 

I suspect issue is with the email gateway. Email addressed to dsl.pipex.com or dial.pipex.com is not getting through from external sources. Sending email from web client doesn’t work either with a server error being generated. 

Shared object libcrypt.so.4 not found by “exim”

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Apologies for this.

The issue raised with Pipex emails is now showing on our Service Status page and updates will be provided here under email.

Thanks

Debbie

ico99
Team Player

Thanks for staying with it, Debbie.

Update - now have 'mail undelivery' notifications for all the test messages I sent to all my Pipex accounts. Msg is "Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached"

So, am assuming a system-wide Pipex issue rather than specifically to do with any specific mailbox upgrade (given new webmail link still redirects to Olde Webmail - which have no new emails in them)

CamMike
Popular Poster

I have yet to receive an 'upgrade completed' message from TalkTalk.  Will that arrive via my dial.pipex email address (which currently cannot receive emails)?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi CamMike 

If the expected timescales were kept then the migration would have been scheduled at 14 days after the first mail message in the sequence of the three recent mail messages from TalkTalk aboiut the upgrade. So the question is when did the relevant mail message arrive?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

GEG63
Whizz Kid

Hopefully the reason the emails aren't appearing in the legacy webmail box is because they are being delivered to the new email box on the new server (which we can't currently access). In that case we should ultimately be able to access them when its sorted out.

What I find amazing is that the IT Team decide to do the upgrade on a Thursday night knowing no-one would be around to sort problems out over the weekend. They could have held off until Monday when any major bugs would have been apparent and could be sorted out.

Poor planning!

CamMike
Popular Poster

I have save the second email which arrived on 16th Sept.  I think the first one was a couple of days before that. So, that would be consistent with me receiving the upgrade during the first couple of days this week coming. 

Gondola
Community Star

I agree.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

ico99
Team Player

>>Hopefully the reason the emails aren't appearing in the legacy webmail box is because they are being delivered to the new email box on the new server <<

As mentioned, emails to my various accounts are ending up bouncing (after retries).

Have to say that - generally speaking - I've never lost many if any emails during the various Pipex outages that have happened previously. Always ended up suddenly getting them delivered as a late deluge once things fixed.

So, the present issue seems a little ominous.

pbar100
Enlightened One

@ico99  During one of the last Pipex issues a few months back, all of my new mails were lost, as were those of every other user posting of the same issue, which was indeed virtually the same as this one in behaviour.

I do predict, unfortunately, that all of the mails not received over the past few days are gone.

I will be able to confirm without doubt if this is the case, as I have my mails forwarded to a second address as a matter of course due to all the Pipex troubles in the past. And that (Hotmail) inbox is receiving the mails sent to my Pipex address as normal, but my Pipex mail has nothing. So, we shall see if they do reappear in my Pipex account also, which of course they normally would.

CamMike
Popular Poster

pbar100 - stop trying to cheer me up.  😔

pbar100
Enlightened One

If you have been a Pipex-transferred-to-Talktalk user for any length of time then I'm sure you will know what to realistically expect!

CamMike
Popular Poster

Since forever. And, by the way, watch the split infinitives.  😀

RomanTalk
First Timer

YES!!!!

Sheer utter frustration.  Trying to set up the new webmail accounts is an utter fiasco too!!!  Every wretched movement I do sends me back to the defunct and insecure Homecall site!!!!!

I'm in despair and can't sleep!!!! Sheer incompetence as this is what I suffered FOR WEEKS when they did the previously failed migration last year!!!!!!!!

DavidEast
Conversation Starter
@OCE_Ady I can't even login to my webmail account. So I'm unable to receive / see any emails on any of the clients I use.
cavedweller
Chat Champion
@OCE_Ady The status page now shows resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT ISN'T FOR ME WHERE ARE MY EMAILS FROM FRIDAY , SATURDAY and SUNDAY
Troglodyte