email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive emails

adam_w100
Participant
Message 20 of 20

To add to your records, I also have this problem.  No mail received since Friday (25th Oct) morning at 10.  I can access webmail to read old messages.  I can't send webmail (I get the exim library error).  I have a '@dsl.pipex.com' address.

What is the latest status and predicted fix time?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi adam_w100, Gondola's answers are good and comprehensive. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

Hi adam_w100 

Conventionally, the standard naming would be imap.dsl.pipex.com but it's the port number that's important.  For an IMAP email account using SSL/TLS that's port 993.

The host name can in practice be prefixed by imap pop or mail as all will be recognised. But it can confuse if you've got an IMAP account with a pop.something mail host. So I'd suggest sticking with convention and prefixing imap for IMAP 993 and pop for POP 995 with SSL/TLS encryption security.

I trust that clarifies the host name question.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 20

This now works, but using POP.  I still need an answer to the question about migrating it to IMAP.  Your online instructions imply that it is only the port number which is different for IMAP; the incoming server is still pop.dsl.pipex.com.  Is this correct?  Or should it be imap.dsl.pipex.com, like for your talktalk mail addresses?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi adam_w100, please login to webmail and send a mail to and from the affected account. I also need you to check for filters and mail forwards that may be affecting the sending and receiving of mail. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

And now webmail send has stopped working...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Sorry typo - smtp.dsl.pipex.com for outbound

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

I cannot make outbound mail go, either from a PC using Outlook or an iPad.  In both cases mail appears to go, without error, but does not arrive at the recipient.

The iPad does not configure as it says it should here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Setting-up-TalkTalk-email-on-iPad/ta-p/2208390

I complete step 6 but i do not get the summary page and Save option.  Instead i am required to fill in incoming and outgoing server names and login details.  I put imap.dsl.pipex.com for incoming and smtp.pipex.com  for outgoing with my primary email address as the login.  Is this right?  Because i see incoming mail all right, but outgoing does not go.

I have set similar on Outlook/PC, with the same result.

Please help!

I have found the "migration complete" message. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Yes I do appear to have been migrated.  However I do not yet have the "successful migration" email messages I was led to expect.  Why is this?

Also how do i now set up Outlook to interact with the new account?  I do not wish to use webmail except in emergencies.  I presume there are instructions somewhere?  I use Outlook with a pop/smtp connection.  I would like to change this to an imap one.  The instructions I found did not tally with what I saw on screen though, which I presumed was caused by the complication of being partially migrated.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi adam_w100, I've had your mail account tested and it's working as expected. The error with sending was fixed a couple of days ago and you've also been migrated since. You are now using https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/ aren't you? 

Ady

0 Likes

DavidEast
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 20

No worries. 

I've been there! And still am. No access to emails on any platforms since 24 September, not even webmail via my Talktalk account.

Hop you get sorted soon. 

Cheers 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20
Thanks David!
0 Likes

DavidEast
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 20

Adam

Click on your face icon, top right of screen

Choose my profile from toggled choice of settings / my profile

Ensure my profile is selected

Part way down the screen is a drop down box (mine defaults to email) choose personal profile from the menu

Towards bottom of the new screen is the box private notes

Cheers 

David 

Message 13 of 20

Why does everything have to be so hard!?  HOW do I add stuff to private notes?  Private notes where?  There is no obvious way I can see to do this.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Please add the affected email address to private notes as we're investigating the send message error and need to check your account. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Still getting 

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.4" not found, required by "exim"

when I try to send from webmail.  Sending from Outlook (and iOS) appears to work but the message is not actually delivered to the recipient.

I have still not had the "upgrade complete" messages either.  How long do I have to wait?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi adam_w100, I've asked the email team to confirm the cause of that error message you're seeing. I'll post back once I've heard back.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

This morning I STILL can't send email.

And the service status page shows there is no problem with email.  Does this mean Talktalk have stopped investigating the problem?  or that I'm the only one with this issue?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

It's still not working.  Although I can now log in to the (old) webmail and can see mail arriving, I still can't send from webmail.  I just get the

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.4" not found, required by "exim"

message. 

How long is this likely to take? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @adam_w100 

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

The mail message from TalkTalk, titled Good news. Your TalkTalk mail upgrade is coming, indicates that in the two weeks following the message you'll receive another two advisory messages and then your mailbox will be upgraded from the original legacy mail service to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Your mailbox and its contents will be moved to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you'll be able to use the email address as you do now. You can use a webmail sign in or collect your mail via POP3 or IMAP(recommended) email accounts.

There will be a new login for webmail - the TalkTalk Mail sign in that you'll be able to use as soon as you get the email notification saying Upgrade complete.

Currently you're getting redirected to the old homecall webmail sign in which means you're either signing in using an alias email address or that the primary mailbox isn't yet upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

When upgraded you'll be able to change your email password using the Forgotten password button and that's why you're being asked to register for email recovery with an alternate email address and mobile number as your password recovery Reset details. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer