email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset tiscali password

steff1
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I am currently unable to access my tiscali email. After trying to login through the talktalk webmail I am informed that my password is incorrect. Unfortunately the 'reset password' service wants to send the reset instructions to the email address that I can no longer access!

Please can you help to provide an alternative option to reset my password?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I've just resent the PM please let me know if you've received this one. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi,

I've not received the message in my Personal email box or alternative email address shown in my details.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi steff1, I've sent you a personal message so that we can confirm security information once I've had your reply I can get recovery tools setup for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Chris,

I seem to be stuck in a loop.

I've followed the link to reset my Tiscali password and followed the on screen instructions but the reset wants to send further instructions to the Tiscali email address that I can not access.

I need the reset instructions sent to an alternative email address but there is no option on screen to do this.

I included an alternative email adress with which to contact me in the personal details of my profile in the hope that someone from Talk Talk would be able to send me the instructions.

Thanks, steff1

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi steff1,

How are you getting on, has Gondola's advice helped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi steff1 

Ady was expecting the TalkTalk email team to set up your Reset details so that you could use the Reset your Password (Click here) option.

Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the alternate email or mobile then select one or the other and follow through to reset the password.

Then using the new password you should be able to sign in to TalkTalk Webmail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi,

I did speak with the Talk Talk support team and they informed me that my password reset would be sent to my alternative email address.

So far no instructions have been received.

I've included the address associated with the Tiscali account that I am unable to access along with my alternative email address in my personal details section.

Now that I'm no longer a Talk Talk customer is it still possible to recover this old Tiscali email account?

Your help is much appreciated with any password reset or account recovery so I can regain access to my mail.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

The team tried to call you on Friday although, they've not yet setup password recovery for you. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm no longer a talk talk customer so am unable to register not having an account number.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi steff1, I've raised the fault ticket for you. My colleagues will setup password recovery for you and let you know it's done. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @steff1 

OK, so you tried the Reset your Password option and there wasn't an alternate email or mobile number option listed? i.e. You haven't yet set up Reset details for password recovery.

If you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the tiscali email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as you'll need TalkTalk to set up your password Reset details so you can choose your own password.

Please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will pick up this topic and invite you to send your email registration details by Private Message - select their avatar image, top left of their post, and then the blue Send Message button.

• The subject title of this topic
  • Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password. Add times when you're available in person to speak to the email team.

The email team member will check security with you and let you know that password recovery is ready and will offer to help check the reset and that the new password works.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes