email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send e-mail from my iPad, phone or webmail

Judith17
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

I have been unable to send e-mails from my phone or iPad since yesterday.   I'm receiving the following message "The username and password for "SMTP.talktalk.net" is incorrect".  When I login via webmail I get the message "Your Browser is not supported on your current platform" and am still unable to send e-mails. My husband and children's talk talk e-mails are unaffected? 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Now we know your email user details work ok we can work on what's wrong and how to fix it. Have you removed your mail account from the mail app and then added it again? You need to remove the account then close the app before reopening and readding the account again using all the settings from the help article.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 22 of 26

I can send an e-mail successfully via webmail via Chrome but not from 3rd party ipad or android account. I've checked my e-mail settings on my phone and apart from the incoming server all are the same as recommended in the talktalk instructions. I still receive the message that my e-mail addresd/ password etc is not recognised by smtp....I am at a loss and so very frustrated.....

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Have you tried another browser like the ever reliable Chrome?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

I followed the guidance in the troubleshooting FAQs re browsers and Firefox and as I have an iPad was told it was incompatible.  To be honest the browser thing just confuses me and my husband will take a look later but I think a call will be necessary.  I'm even encountering problems replying to you via this forum receiving the "oops shouldn't see this message" so this is my 2nd attempted respons. My phone is android and still the same issues. As I said my husband and 2 children all have talk talk e-mail addresses are using them with no issue on their iPads and android phones so I really don't know why I am having this issue??

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 26

Hi judith17, what happens if you try to access webmail with another browser?

0 Likes