email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send e-mails

teegeepee65
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Unable to send e-mails from any of my accouts from my PC, laptop, or phone. Undeliverable error " too many recipeints" even when I just send e-mail back to myself. Same message when I try to send from webmail or microsoft office Outlook.  Set up new talktalk e-mail adress and that works ok. Help. Have I been hacked?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi teegeepee65, be sure to run a good AntiVirus and malware scanner on the devices to be sure that this doesn't happen again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the info. Reset my main Talktalk account password and now able to send e-mails from all my accounts both from Web and Outlook on all my devices. Checked Spam filters on Outlook. All ok. Thanks for your help.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi teegeepee65 

A compromised mailbox is one possibility you should consider. If in any doubt, upgrade the password for one that is ultra-strong and a totally unique new password never before used for any of your email addresses or online accounts.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

What have you been seeing as an error report along with the message "Too many recipients" - TT501, TT502 or another TT50* error? It's possible that spam protection has been triggered because you'd sent to an incorrect or unavailable email address. It's also possible that spam protection has been triggered because you'd used a VPN connection hosted overseas. This can result in the normal allowance for sending mail to be significantly lowered (rate limiting) and therefore you could easily exceed the rate limited hourly sending limits (TT501) or daily sending limits (TT502).

The spam protection stop on sending is temporary. Spam protection rate limiting may take a day to be relaxed. The normal hourly limit counter would be reset in a hour and the normal daily limit counter gradually recovered and fully reset in 24 hours after the last fail to send.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes