email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails to talktalk.net and tiscali.co.uk

Madamscoop
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello, I’d also like to jump on the back of this conversation. I work as a deliverability consultant too and I have been trying to contact postmaster at TT for months but not receiving any response.

I am working with some clients who have received some bounces when targeting TT recipients. The raw reason I am seeing is TT992. I have been working with my client to try and resolved this issue and only targeting engaged users of 12 weeks but we are still seeing deliveries of between 50-80%. My client follow best practice and has been a legitimate sender for years.

Is there someone who I can contact please and I can send you more info?

Thank you and happy new year 🙂

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Just to add a note of messages passed by PM. Madamscoop is forwarding details of multiple domains to the incidents team.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Madamscoop. Hopefully, this will be picked up quickly.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Madamscoop
First Timer
Message 3 of 6

Thank you @Gondola for getting back to me so quickly.  I've responded back to TT directly on this.  Have a lovely day and happy new year 😀

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Madamscoop, if Gondola's tips don't help then you can send the following information to the email address I've sent you via Personal Message.

Sender Address

Recipient Address

Dates and Times of sending

Error Message 

The examples must be within 30 days of the date the details are sent over to the team. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Madamscoop 

An error message of the type 552 5.2.0 Content rejected (TT992) is a response from the MX server re spam or virus detection filters. TalkTalk uses CloudMark sender intelligence along with TalkTalk Mail users marking mail as spam to 'fingerprint' typical spam. Seems that your client's mail has been flagged as spam.

What's the sending IP address or mail sending service or domain originating the mail?  Has the sender received any other bounceback error messages other than TT992?  Is the mail sending service shared with other clients? 

Has your client taken action to suppress sending to mailboxes that are unavailable? i.e. a bounceback of TT512 for example? TalkTalk does now require a subscription fee from mail users that are no longer home broadband customers and as a result some mail users are no longer using mailboxes that after 6 months are flagged for deletion for non-use.

Does your client have an alternative mail sending service or way of contacting mail users to ask them to contact us here on Community to query non-receipt of your client's mail? 

Some mail users may have inherited a Blocked Senders Filter rule that may be inadvertently blocking mail from their mailbox.  Or the users may have blocked the sender's domain / IP address because of spam received by another originator of mail that happens to use the same sending service. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution