email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails using SMTP

crgarner
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Since last night I have been unable to send emails.  I get the error message:

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
4.1.1 KdemldokhAJke Too Many Invalid Recipients (TT507).
Please check the message recipient "info@frambroadband.com" and try again."

Is there a problem with the TalkTalk mail server at the moment?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

As I said in post 2.

Did you find any evidence for wrong email addresses in your online Sent objects folder or, if you use POP3 in Thunderbird or WLM, in the respective Sent folders?

Heads up that WLM is an out of date product that Microsoft ceased providing security updates for some years ago. WLM does not support TLS1.2 secure encryption so does not comply with TalkTalk recommendations.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6
24 hours later all working again!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

No problem with webmail.

I just can't send from my desktop using Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi crgarner, there's no problem with the servers at the moment. That message indicates that recipients on the list aren't valid live email addresses. It might be worth checking through your recipients list to ensure that they're legit. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @crgarner 

No problem with the TalkTalk outgoing SMTP server that I can see.

The error message indicates a temporary stop on sending because the system has detected a number of recipient addresses that are not available for delivery so spam protection rate limiting has been triggered (a restriction of number of messages outgoing that are permitted).

You may need to wait for at least an hour after the last send to be able to successfully send. You may be restricted for up to 24 hours before the rate limiting is relaxed.

By looking in the Sent objects folder are you able to identify 'wrong' email addresses?

Enter your email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Wait an hour and then Compose and send yourself a mail message to see that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and then arrives in the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes