email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set privacy settings

jmmonline
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Today I am unable to set my privacy settings when logging in to webmail, I am not presented with any choices and "save and exit" does nothing. I am effectively locked out of webmail for which I am paying an annual fee. I have tried Mac and Windows with several browsers with no success. Anyone know a solution? As usual contacting TalkTalk by email is NOT an option.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jmmonline, thanks for letting us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Good to know that the Privacy Manager is behaving himself today!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

jmmonline
First Timer
Message 3 of 6

Thank you Gondola for your advice but you missed the point I was making. I tried WINDOWS 10 and MAC OSX machines with a mix of Safari, Edge and Firefox and the privacy settings behaviour was the same on each occasion. I fixed the problem by doing NOTHING and things were back to normal by the next day. So, the obvious conclusion is that it was a TalkTalk issue though they will likely not admit to it. Anyway, water under the bridge now as things are working.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi jmmonline 

It's important not to be running software that blocks or deletes the cookies that are set to control your saved preferences.

I can replicate your example by selecting the Privacy Manager icon and then on the Manage Your Privacy modal window that opens, if I select the left arrowhead (top left) to see the general information pages and then select the Save and Exit button that does nothing and the modal window is not closed.

The quick fix is to refresh the browser page displaying the TalkTalk Mail app, or, exit the TalkTalk Mail app and sign in again. The refresh or reload will, when selecting the Privacy Manager icon, bottom right of screen, present the default modal window for the Privacy Manager including all the individual settings enabling you to set your preferences. When you see the individual settings switches you will find the Save and Exit button does now work.

Tip: within the modal window you may not have scroll bars to scroll through the Manage Your Privacy settings. Select inside the window and use the up and down arrows on a keyboard to scroll those settings.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi jmmonline, any chance you could post or PM screenshots of what you're seeing? Ideally the browser version numbers as well. I'll have to raise this to the team and they will ask. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes