email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to get my Onetel web/email

Cluster-Lizard
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Mail was working fine yesterday but when I tried to check it earlier today using Thunderbird I couldn't sign in (no login option appeared).

So I checked signing in directly using the old and the new 'Horde' web addresses. Both just sat there trying to load the login page but failed with no error message or other explanation offered.

Last time this sort of thing happened it was because TalkTalk had decided to mess around with the account password's criteria and, for whatever reason, that was applied to the web/email login password too. They had not bothered to tell anyone their passwords had been changed.

I suppose it could be Thunderbird but it seems highly unlikely as direct login to my web mail is also affected.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Nice one. We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Cluster-Lizard
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Just to confirm this was indeed just a temporary problem and all now seem to be back up and working as it should. So thanks for that.

When I used the word 'Horde' I was really just referring to whatever direct sign in email system is now being used . It is just that the bookmark I use for that and the previous one I still have both, originally, used that name and I've never bothered to change it.

I've just tried both the old OneTel MailZone and the webmail.onetel (the original Horde IP address) bookmarks and, helpfully, they actually do automatically direct to the TalkTalk: "........apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/......" sign-in page mentioned by ady-TalkTalk.

I normally use Thunderbird to get my web mail rather than sign in direct so had not done that for some time. Even when I did I did not notice the IP address had changed (my bad - I should have noticed ) because of the automatic redirection when using either of the old addresses.

Anyway I have now added the actual address being used as a new bookmark.

Thanks again both ^ ^^.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi Cluster-Lizard 

Heads up that at the time you were trying to sign in there was planned maintenance in progress between 1am and 3am for MyAccount systems and between 1am and 6am for TalkTalk Mail. 

As a consequence users not signed in with a current password will have been automatically logged out. For webmail just sign in again. Thunderbird and other email clients will automatically sign in when logging on to the server.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know if that sign in doesn't work. Use the Forgotten password link if you need to upgrade your password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Cluster-Lizard, the Horde sites are totally defunct now. Your only webmail URL is apps.talktalk.co.uk Sign in all the legacy platform fun is gone for good now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.