email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use email on Apps

StanM
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I have a Tiscali account, having issues logging in using any apps (tried lots of different ones). Says password/username wrong. However can login ok on the website.

Are you able to assist? Has my account been restricted as mentioned in other posts?

Thanks

Stan 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Stan

What is the current status? Is the email fully active or do you need assistance from TalkTalk Mail Support?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Hi StanM 

If your MailPlus subscription payment is not up to date then the billing system will have triggered a restriction to webmail only access.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

In the event of missing a MailPlus payment your email account will be reduced to a basic service (webmail only) and eventually deleted if TalkTalk is unable to collect payment. If this happens your service of full access to TalkTalk Mail will be restored once full payment has been made via the MailPlus My Account or by getting in touch with TalkTalk. 

Do you think this is what's happened?

0 Likes

StanM
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I'm not a Talk Talk customer, I only have a Tiscali email account. I was paying £5 a month for the Talk Talk mail plus, where can I see if this is still active? or Where can I reactivate?

I was able to login on using Apps up until about two days ago.

Thanks

Stan

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @StanM 

It's possible that your mailbox has been restricted to webmail only access. This could be because the email address is not added to a customer MyAccount.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.  You'll need that password to add the email account to an active TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer MyAccount.

Here's the advice article onmanaging your email in MyAccount. See the section Email not showing in My Account.

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.

There was a recent issue of customer mailboxes being restricted to webmail only access but this should be fixed now.

Just in case, prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the affected email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes