email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected email from Yodel

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I don’t know if I’m putting this in the right area, but hopefully someone can still give me some advice.

I’ve been a TalkTalk customer since November 2016, and last December renewed my contract by taking out Faster Fibre. It’s all been great, no problems. 
I haven’t spoken to anyone from TalkTalk recently, as I haven’t needed to. So I was surprised just now to receive an email (with tracking info) from Yodel to say my package is on its way to me from TalkTalk. 
My problem is that I don’t know what package this is. Can’t seem to find out by looking at My Account online. Also, I’d like to find out if I’m going to be charged for whatever this delivery is?

Can anyone help or shed light on this for me?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

I can see the world clearly, but I have to squint.......
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're very welcome. Hopefully, the box will arrive soon. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 10

Hi Ady

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m so relieved to hear that it wasn’t a weird spam email. However, as I promised, my update is I haven’t yet received my Yodel delivery. But according to their website it was due yesterday. I’m guessing as it’s a busy time of year, they’ll get the delivery to me as soon as they can. When they do, I’ll post a quick update message here.

Thanks again for your help. It’s a big relief to also know that this is a freebie. Many thanks for clearing this up for me Ady and Gondola 🙂

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for confirming the security information. The parcel is genuine it's a new TV box. It's not something you ordered it's a freebie. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 10

Hi Ady 

Thanks for your message. I’ve just replied now.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Message 5 of 10

Hi DizzyMissIzzy, if you'd like me to check your account to find out what, where and why please reply to my personal message. 

Ady

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

Hi again Gondola 

The link for Yodel you’ve given is the one in the email from them, and they contacted me via my email address which matches the one on my TalkTalk account.

I’ve not been aware of any problems with my hub, unless the system has detected something I’m unaware of.

I haven’t signed up to take part in any TalkTalk trials to my knowledge, and I’ve not spoken to anyone from TalkTalk since signing up for my FasterFibre last year. But I will keep you posted about this parcel/delivery.

Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it.

Message 7 of 10

Hi DizzyMissIzzy 

The Sagemcom 5364 Wi-Fi Hub is the high end TalkTalk Fibre Hub so I doubt the parcel is that model unless the automatic system has detected a fault. Keep us updated on the delivery. Have you been invited to participate in any TalkTalk trials?

The genuine Yodel tracking is here: https://www.yodel.co.uk/track

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

DizzyMissIzzy
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi Gondola 

Thanks for your reply. I have a Sagemcom Fast 5364 hub, which I received when I upgraded to Faster Fibre. It’s been great and very reliable.

I think the email does seem to be genuine, so I assume they’ll be delivering today.

I hope there won’t be a charge to my account, as I haven’t requested whatever this delivery is. However I can’t find any reference to a parcel on its way when I look in My Account.

Hopefully TalkTalk Support will be able to look and help.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi DizzyMissIzzy 

If the email is genuine then there's nothing to pay and the package is probably an upgraded broadband Wi-Fi Hub. Are you using the HG633 Wi-Fi router at present?

Normally I'd expect to see a pending order in your customer MyAccount and a TalkTalk Mail message to your customer billing email address which is the only address that Yodel should have used on behalf of TalkTalk.

TalkTalk Support will check your account to see what's going on. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution