email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)

MarkH6
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi

I have just received the following error when trying to log in to my email

User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)

Why am I receiving this, i didn't get any notification this would happen, how can I get my email reactivated?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

MarkH6
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 13

They are working, thank you

Message 2 of 13

Hi MarkH6, are both your mailboxes working now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi MarkH6

A mailbox barring issue has been resolved so mailboxes impacted should be accessible once more. Please retry webmail access and let us know that the mailbox access is restored. I don't expect new mail to have been received during the time the mailbox was barred.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and that the new mail arrives and stays in the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 13

Thanks, I've passed it on to be added to the list for the incident.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

MarkH6
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 13

Hi Ady-TalkTalk

Added in private notes

Message 6 of 13

Hi MarkH6, please add your affected email address to private notes in your profile?

Ady

Message 7 of 13

Hi MarkH6, we've raised an incident for this issue. 

Hopefully, we'll have updates for you soon.

Ady

Message 8 of 13

Hi MarkH6

There's a problem with the email platform not being able to find some mailboxes on a server. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes

MarkH6
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 13

Hi Gondola

After the @ is talktalk.net

I do use this email box to receive emails and on occasions send emails, so it hasn't been inactive

And when reset password I can confirm I do get sent message to by phone with a recovery code

Can you please advise 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi MarkH6, you'll be ok if your follow Gondola's advice. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi MarkH6 

I see you're still signed in to Community although you originally posted 24 hours ago. The verification of your Community account just after 6pm today effectively delayed the publishing of the post for a day.  But do let us know how you're getting on. We'd like to know so we can follow up with you.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi MarkH6 

The error message would imply that the mailbox you're trying to access has been deleted. A permanent error.  TalkTalk do send out email notifications before mailboxes are deleted. Either the mailbox has not been used for more than 180 days or not added to an active customer MyAccount.

But just to check, what's the email domain? Just the part of the email address after the @ symbol?

And when using the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password does that take you to password reset and recovery or give a message about 'deletion' or a message about 'no domain'?

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know more about the above and why you think the email address should still be active?