email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBmail GUI on Google Chrome

RJay05
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi, Since yesterday morning when I log into my Tiscali/TalkTalk email account it displays everything correctly for a few seconds and then everything is shifted to the left and the list of emails pane is not displayed only the pane of folders on the very left. The Compose, Delete, Mark and Spam functions that are usually horizontal across the top of the Email list pane are displayed vertically on the left of where the List of emails usually is.  Everything is displayed correctly in Edge.

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi all, thanks for highlighting the issue for us.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Excellent confirmation.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

TalkTalk have been alerted to the advertising content disrupting TalkTalk Mail due, it seems, to a conflict between the ad stream and Windows 10. So far all users reporting are using Windows 10 but no ad-blocker.

Bear in mind that some websites may have functionality impaired when using an ad-blocker that blocks tracking cookies. You may need to pause the use of an ad-blocker or set the blocker to trust a website including talktalk.co.uk when you wish to access the customer MyAccount or LiveChat for example.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

RJay05
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much Gondola, that has done the job, all working now.

RJay (chiropractor)

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Chrome is up to date so no problems there.

OK, to install an Ad-blocker:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know if the workaround of blocking the advertising is fixing the TalkTalk Mail display issue.

0 Likes

RJay05
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 7

The operating system is Windows 10 pro and the browser is Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.99

RJay (chiropractor)
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi RJay05 

What's the device operating system and the browser and version you're using to view TalkTalk Mail?

Good to know that Edge is working. Have you made sure the operating system and browser is up to date?

We'd appreciate confirmation of your setup. We are aware that some TalkTalk Mail webmail users reported on 26 January that soon after signing in to the mailbox the display is corrupted and the toolbar icons (Compose Delete etc) appear down the left of frame rather than horizontally under the header bar.

Initial conclusions are that the advertising stream is the trigger for the display corruption. The workaround is to use an Ad-blocker add-on or extension in the browser to kill the advertising. Let us know the browser and we can guide you to using an ad-blocker.

0 Likes