email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail Settings For Adding An Extra Email Address.

brbrown
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

At last, after the New Talktalk package has been installed, I can now send and receive Talktalk and Onetel emails on my Mac desktop computer but now I understand that the Talktalk and Onetel services are not compatible with Windows Mail on my Vista laptop so I am forced to use Talktalk webmail in which I am told, I should be able to use either the Talktalk email address or the Onetel address.

I have installed the Talktalk address which works fine but I cannot get the Onetel address to install. Would anyone know what the installation settings should be please? It is not just a question of correct port numbers but also the correct terminology in the settings box. I was promised a call back form Talktalk which did not materialise.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

I've been using those 2 sites for years. The licences are genuine and I always update to ensure that security is not compromised. If the licences were hooky in anyway Microsoft wouldn't allow the updates. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Ady, I have just tried again and it has appeared. I am surprised how cheap it is and in fact I did a search and there are other sources for a similar price. Thanks for that, I might go for that option.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Ok sorry that might be a dead end but SCD keys is still working. I've used this one too. The licences are legit and Windows works as you'd expect updates work normally. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Ady, I can'i find the Windows 10 application on CD keys, only the gaming apps. Can you provide a link for me please?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hello Ady. That looks interesting but whatever I do, I would need to be sure that I could use my Onetel email address on the Talktalk webmail which I was told I could do. I have the Onetel email address tied up in so many things on the internet that I desperately need to be able to use it when out and about, (Covid restrictions accepted).  I wonder why no one at Talktalk can give me the required settings to add my Onetel account to the Webmail. Can you get the settings for me please?

Incidentally, I presumably would have to wipe the Disc clean and start again with the new Windows 10 version. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hey brbrown, I had an old lappy running on Vista. It was pants and very slow. I bought a copy of Windows 10 for £15 or so from CD keys I think it was and believe it or not the laptop's performance was significantly improved. It might be worth a look if that's of interest to you. 

Ady

Message 7 of 15

Yes, I meant repurposed to use your words but recycle the bits at the tip.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Always recycle electronic equipment.  Even if not suitable to be repurposed there are valuable metals to be recovered and contaminants including the batteries that are not appropriate for landfill.

For your security erase personal data from the drive using a data shredder that many anti-virus products bundle as part of their package.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 15

Yes I was just looking at all the system details. I think I will buy a new one. What can one do with the old one? Can it be recycled or does it need to go to the tip?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Whether that's worthwhile depends on hardware compatibility including the processor speed and support for a newer OS and apps.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Oh! Right. That puts a different aspect on the situation. I guess your first suggestion is the only option. Rather than scrap the laptop, perhaps I can clear the disk and add an up to date application.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Brian

The security vulnerabilities database shows me from reports updated in 2017 - 2019 that there are 180 security vulnerabilities that Vista is potentially open to. If you have personal data or content on the laptop that you value then my advice is not to take the device online.

Message 13 of 15

Hi Gondola

I was thinking the same but I have managed to download from the Microsoft library, all the security updates since the time Microsoft stopped supporting Vista. However, it makes no difference anyway. I am hoping for a call back from Talktalk before I decide what to do next. Many thanks for the reply. Brian

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi Brian

Windows Live Mail and Windows Vista are products that haven't been supported by Microsoft with security updates since 2017. My advice is to retire the laptop or just use it offline because taking it online poses a security risk. 

0 Likes