email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail locked

casmey
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I left Talktalk over 3 years ago but have continued using their e-mail service on a daily basis since then.

However 3 days ago I appear to have been summarily locked out - my password is no longer recognized.

How can I regain access?

Casmey
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi casmey, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You will get a call this morning with the new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi casmey

An email account will be 'suspended' after 180 days of non-use pending deletion after 12 months of non-use, if that's what you mean by cutting access.  Other than that it's just normal account security monitoring by the system that determmines if a 'security issue' requires the account to be locked for protection either against it being used for spamming or for fraud, for example.

The TalkTalk mail servers were running slow recently due to communication issues and then a backlog of emails.  But generally, it's been ok until the last few days when support was dropped for an insecure password encryption method in favour of complete SSL security.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help.

I don't believe my a/c has been locked for security reasons, there seems to something in Talktalk's systems which tends to cut access after a certain period of time to clients who no longer have a telephone a/c. This has happened a couple of times before.

Incidently several times in the past few months and increasingly during recent weeks, my e-mail client has been unable to gain access initially to my TT mail, but manages to download them later in the day.

Casmey
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi casmey

OCE_Ady will hopefully pick this up tomorrow, verify your details and pass to Networks for a new password.

If the account has been locked for security it may mean there's strong evidence of the password being known.  So, as always, it would be wise to scan all your devices for viruses and malware to make sure there are no keyloggers or screengrabbers capturing your passwords. The last thing you want is for the new password to be discovered straight away.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Tried password recovery, but it will only send to locked out of a/c!

Have now entered required details to "private notes".

Casmey
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @casmey

The email system may have detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option and create an ultra-strong new password.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

0 Likes