email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail "Failed to Send" error

ChrisF2
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

My webmail has stopped allowing me to send e-mails. When I try and send a mail I get the error "Failed to send". I have plenty of capacity left, I've deleted a load of e-mails anyway , I've tried using different laptops - but still not able to send!

Any suggestions?? I don't have any other services with talk talk - so have no way of accessing their call centre. (just to be clear I'm accessing my webmail through gggogle on a laptop and not a mobile) 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Same issue. Spent two hours text chat but still no outgoing e mail. Hope remote access to e mail promised by expert will resolve issue. Waiting ......

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11
Same issue as of last night. Spent two hours on text chat but not resolved. Remote access to e mail suggested. Awaiting developments.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Same problem here.

Details: I am having certificate failures. I first saw this problem at 1620 today, having been sending successfully earlier today.

I am using a tiscali address and smpt.tiscali.co.uk.  I run Thunderbird on Windows 7. The error message Thunderbird gives is "The site attempts to idetify itself with invalid information. Wrong Site. The certificate belongs to a different site, which could mean someone is trying to impersonate the site."

Using a talktalk address and smtp.talktalk.net works successfully.

Anything to say, TalkTalk ?

JohnPierpoint
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

Same problem here!
I'm trying to sort this out for an elderly friend whose TalkTalk mail has been fine for some time, but this month she found that messages weren't leaving her Outbox on her iPad. After checking (and resetting online) the password, we tried to use Webmail instead - only to be faced with this error. So now she can't send emails by any method.
We tried contacting TalkTalk support, but they put the phone down on us after half an hour (we were patient and polite, but the third operator we spoke to kept going off to ask questions of colleagues, couldn't confirm what the correct server addresses were for POP and SMTP, and eventually put the phone down after saying nothing for a couple of minutes).
Very frustrating!
It's intermittent too: every now and then, webmail allows a message to go out, and messages from the iPad Outbox are also sometimes getting through after a few hours. But there's no rhyme or reason to it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

I have the same problem as well. I am overseas and have not been able to communicate with my family and friends over Xmas. Can anyone help as I really need to talk to my family.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem receiveing email ok on webmail cant send, on other devices as well receiving email is fine just sending

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Martin, I've replied to you in your thread.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi there

I also have this problem, could you help? In my case, incoming webmail is being received fine, but when I try to send I get the blue box with the 'Failed to send email' error.

When this last happened a few months ago, it seemed to be linked to my email address being @Lineone.net . The issue was resolved a few days later, but I was not told what the problem had been.

Best WIshes

Martin

p.s. I am a talktalk customer but not with my free lineone.net address

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi ChrisF2, are you able to receive mail? If not please update your community profile to include your full name, landline and mobile number, so that I can pass your details over to the Networks team.

To add your details you click on MY SETTINGS above the thread in blue then choose PERSONAL INFORMATION after adding your details add the email address/es in the private section and click save changes at the bottom of the page.

As you're no longer a customer I'll also need:

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to email address.

Full postal address email is linked to.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

scubastu
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 11

Unfortunately the website does not give you the actual reason that sending failed.  Perhaps setup an email client and send from that so any sending failures you will see the result directly.

Thunderbird is a good option if you are not using Outlook.  Try this and post an update.

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/email-settings-imap-pop3

0 Likes