email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

carby1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi - have a similar message today with webmail using AVG anti-virus free version (URL: Mal, screenshot attached). Good to know it isn't just me! However, I feel somewhat uncomfortable adding TalkTalk to the trusted list as suggested in case in the future there IS a problem with the site.  I've sent the same screenshot to AVG for them to investigate.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi carby1, Thanks for posting back to thank Gondola. I've marked Gondola's post as the best answer for you.  

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Gondola from this newbie for merging the posts, and also for your guidance earlier which helped me to alert AVG 🙂

Message 3 of 6

Hi carby1 

Your posts have been merged as it's preferable to keep user posts together to keep track of individual issues. Noted that AVG have updated their database in an acknowledgement that the TalkTalk Mail site is clean. 

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi carby1 

Your anti-virus has logged a false positive. There is no issue with TalkTalk Mail. I have asked for a check on the advertising just in case there is a 'hidden pixel' issue on an advertisement. 

I suggest you add https://apps.talktalk.co.uk as a trusted site / exclusion from scanning to your anti-virus.

Here's the AVG guide to adding an exception to prevent the false positive result.  AVG Scan Exclusions

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 6

Hi all - I also got this message from my AVG anti-virus free version this morning and saw on this forum that it was a suspected false positive. As I didn't feel comfortable with adding the website as an exception as suggested, I reported the suspected false positive to AVG and have received an e-mail back from the team this evening to say that they have done a check and now marked the site as "clean" in the virus database. Just checked and have been able to log into my webmail without any issues.

0 Likes