email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

PAJ333
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 16

Hello,

Trying to access talktalk.co.uk webmail to access my tiscali.co.uk emails but anti virus software says - We've safely aborted connection on apps.talktalk.co.uk because it was infected with URL:Blacklist.

Please can you help !

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi PAJ333, I've marked Gondola's post as the best answer to help others to find the solution quicker.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 16

ha ha....  I'd need a few more years to grow a Santa Claus beard!! Thanks again for your help for us all. Really appreciated

Message 3 of 16

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 16

It has been a steep learning curve for me. WHY was everything working ok last night so I could access my onetel email and suddenly all was blocked this morning. I was in a panic until i found this discussion chain and followed the painstaking  yet simple instructions from gondola and thankfully I have email access again. As a result I investigated further and set up my new profile even if there are no avitars with a white beard 🙂 Thanks again so much to gondola and everyone else who has helped. Have a great weekend...

Message 5 of 16

fantastic help. thanks so much

Robot5
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 16

Hi Gondola

Just to mention I have also updated the 'exceptions' in AVG antivirius as you suggested and that has resolved it.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Robot5

PAJ333
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 16

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for your help.

Timeshare1
First Timer
Message 8 of 16

Hi Gondola- Sorry about duplication. I am a newbie & did not know I had to verify my email. Thank you again

Robot5
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 16

Hi Gondola and PAJ555

I have exactly the same problem, just started right now. I have attached a copy of the screen shot. Also using AVG antivirus, updated today..

Kind regards

Robot5

Timeshare1
First Timer
Message 10 of 16

Hi Gondola

I had the same problem --email talktalk.net.  As per your suggestion added  to my trusted list-- Avast Premium -which fixed problem.

Thank You

Message 11 of 16

Hi PAJ333 

Here's the AVG guide to adding an exception to prevent the false positive result.  AVG Scan Exclusions

Timeshare1
First Timer
Message 12 of 16

Hi Gondola

I had the same problem-- url:blacklist on my talktalk.net email account. I used your suggestion & entered https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/ onto my trusted site > Avast Premium. Email works OK now.

Thank You 

PAJ333
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 16

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The anti-virus product is AVG.

Not sure how to add https://apps.talktalk.co.uk  as a trusted site / exclusion from scanning to the anti-virus so as to regain access to talktalk webmail.

Message 14 of 16

Same problem with me. url:blaclist on email talktalk.net    Avast Premium

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi PAJ333 

Your anti-virus has logged a false positive. I suggest you add https://apps.talktalk.co.uk as a trusted site / exclusion from scanning to your anti-virus.

Out of interest, what anti-virus product are you using?