email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace Changes ... Alternatives?

Lance007
Team Player
Message 2 of 2

Hi All,

(Best place for this post?) 

My understanding (from an email from TT) is that Webspace is being "removed" 16 July 2018.

Now, I may be in the minority, but I have made use of this Webspace to host my website. In the same email I was offered "alternatives" to continue my site, but I am not yet convinced of their viability. This post is to find other people who may be in a similar situation, and what solutions they have found ... that do not affect them financially.

I first tried to see how "easy" it would be to start a site with "Wix" (TT mention), but have found that their website crashes IE when you try to use it to start to build one. However, even if I could build a site (crashed on two different computers tested so far), I am not convinced (from my reading and current understanding) that this alterative website solution is able to support my website structure, especially as it does not support ftp (from what I read).

I tried looking for another alternative to host my site, but got the impression that every host I found that offered ftp support also required a monthly fee - which I obviously already have covered in my TT agreement.

So, does this "change" affect anybody else? If so, how are you sorting it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

wgcuser
Wise Owl
Message 1 of 2

Guess it depends on what sort of a site you have at present.

Create a blog? On Google?

Pages on FaceBook?

If TT are pulling the plug on web space, the maybe:-

1. It's time to get a domain and a hosting company.

2. Then look for another ISP / Teleco.

3. Bi Bi TalkTalk

emoticon.sadtears.title

0 Likes