email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to TalkTalk Mail?

Eddie4419
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

A few days ago my Sent and Trash folders disappeared.

Under the Search option the following folders are shown:

My Folders

Then 2 sub-folders:

SavedlMs

Sent Items

Both the sub-folders are empty

How to I retrieve my Sent and Trash folders?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Eddie4419, thanks for posting back to thank Gondola for the help. It's always appreciated and helps to motivate community members to help you and others.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Nice work Eddie4419.

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Eddie4419
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 8

Hi Gondola,

I cleared the Firefox browser cache etcetera as instructed and that fixed the problem. TalkTalk Mail is working normally now. Thanks very much for your help.

Eddie4419

Message 4 of 8

Hi Eddie4419 

The missing standard folders and missing mailbox quota can happen if there's a fail to load user content or if there's a partial load of the webpage to your computer.

Either there's a fault with the mailbox or the Firefox browser has had a partial load of the webpage and is retaining that misload in its cache.  So, I'd normally sign out,  clear the Firefox browser cache, cookies and site data and then sign in again. Or try a different browser such as Chrome.

Let us know the outcome and if, needed, we'll troubleshoot from there.

Eddie4419
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 8

Hi Gondola, there isn't an option to reply to you personally, so I don't know whether you will see this. I will try sending it to you via your avatar if that is the correct term.

All the standard folders you list have disappeared.

On the left is a folder called My Folders. When I click on that, all my messages disappear.

Under My Folders are 2 sub-folders indented to the right.

SavedlMs

Sent Items

Both these sub-folders are empty. I didn't create them.

Under these sub-folders is a link to Add Email Account.

My usage is NOT displayed.

The standard folders Sent objects and Trash are NOT present in my mailbox. NONE of the standard folders are present in my mailbox.

My messages seem to be visible in the folder called My Folders, which I didn't create, and as previous stated the messages all disappear when I click on My Folders.

I mostly access TalkTalk Mail using a Windows 10 laptop and the Firefox Browser.

I sometimes download mail using a separate computer with the Microsoft Outlook client. I have been doing this for several years without any issues.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Eddie4419, I leave in the very safe hands of Gondola. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Eddie4419 

Whether you view TalkTalk Mail via a mobile or desktop browser you'll see the standard folders in the Folder view on the left.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Email-My Folders-Add new folder.png

Sent objects and Trash are standard folders. Are they not present in your mailbox?

How do you normally view your TalkTalk Mail mailbox? Via an email app?