email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my talktalk email service keep crashing and timing out when using 'Google Chrome?'

Ricky47
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me why does my TalkTalk email service keeps crashing and timing out and requesting that I insert my 'Password' when using 'Google Chrome?' but works fine when using the  'Safari' Browser? I have been using Google Chrome for years without any problems until recently?

Thank you,

Rick

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted Rick.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 15

Hey @Ricky47 that's why we are all here, trying to help when we can. Any further issues and you know where we are. 🙂

Message 3 of 15

Hi, Gondola,

Many thanks for all your help! In the end, I uninstalled Google Chrome completely and after a few problems reinstalled it, seems to be good so far but early days yet?

Kindest regards,

Ricky47

Message 4 of 15

Thanks, Gliwmaeden2,

Silly me! but thanks for pointing it out - I could have still been sitting here waiting for a reply - Hopefully, all fixed now!

Kind regards,

Ricky47

Message 5 of 15

Cheers Ady,

I think between you  that you have fixed my problem!

Kind regards

Ricky47

Message 6 of 15

Hi, Ferguson (community Star),

Many thanks for your help today which along with your fellow contributors seem to have fixed my problem of which I think that I was 50% of the problem with my lack of technical knowledge but between you all, you seem to have cracked it! Being my first request for help I'm not sure where I go from here but thanks again to all contributors, I will now just have to see how I close this request for help thread?

Kindest regards to all!

Ricky47 

Message 7 of 15

Ricky47
First Timer
Message 8 of 15

Good morning Ady,

Thanks for getting back to me again, in answer to your question I'm not sure how to boot my device in safe mode and yes I Did remove and reinstall Chrome but I don't think that it has reinstalled correctly as I now have no ' on Chrome Icon' in 'finder Applications' or  'Launch Pad' so now accessing both TalkTalk & Chrome  via SAFARI.

I'm not sure where to go next as I seem to have made things worse not better but at least I'm not now getting timed out on TalkTalk emails?

Would be pleased to here any advice that you may have!

Kinda regards,

Rick

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Rick, have you tried booting the device in safe mode and testing? Did you remove and reinstall Chrome? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

Yes, @Ricky47, notification emails are from a No Reply address. 

You can keep track of responses also in the ACTIVITY area of your profile. Just reply on this thread unless prompted by the team to send anything by Private Message.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Ricky47
First Timer
Message 11 of 15

Hi Gondola & Ady,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to either or both of you, I did respond to your emails but I guess now that I should have come back and responded on this site. I thought initially that the problem had been resolved by the fix that you kindly sent me but sadly this has not been the case and I still have the original problem, I have however ensured that I am running the latest version of 'Google Chrome' and that it has been restored to 'Default' thus restarting 'Chrome' with no extensions running but still after a few minutes of use I am instructed to 'sign in again using my TalkTalk Password' which enables me to carry on using my TalkTalk connection as before. 

I know now that this problem is computer specific as when using Google Chrome on my laptop the problem does not occur!

Do you have any further suggestions that I could try as this becomes very frustrating, I realise that I can use other browsers from my desktop (Mac) computer where this problem does ton happen but would rather stay on Google Chrome and not have to keep switching to other browsers for my TalkTalk emails, can you please help?

Kind regards,

Rick.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi Rick, did Gondola get that sorted for you?

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Hi Rick

How are you getting on? The extensions that can cause hold-ups etc are those related to security scanning software or blocking software. Enable extensions one at a time to identify the cause. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Feels like an updated extension is causing compatibility issues. 

Reset Chrome to default settings that will restart Chrome with no extensions running. This gives you the opportunity to troubleshoot TalkTalk Mail. 

Let us know what happens.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution