email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Outlook email client and Android email client unable to connect to pop/pop3 nor smtp

maultby
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

Windows 10 Outlook email client and Android email client unable to connect to pop/pop3 nor smtp tiscali mail servers this morning.

Was fine last night. 

Laughably - Talktalk's service status page crashes and fails to load!

Laughably2 - Can't find anywhere to call or report this other than on these community pages.

Is anyone at Talktalk listening or checking these posts?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Both Bluemail and Outlook are using the new talktalk.net server settings for both lineone and tiscali email addresses.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi maultby 

Yes, it will work. The DNS is now directing to the smtp.tiscali.co.uk server and the incoming mail is directed to the TalkTalk Mail platform incoming servers.

So, the underlying issue is fixed.

Is your Bluemail remaining set up with the talktalk.net server host names?  If so keep those recommended settings.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Its now working on Bluemail and Outlook. No changes made since last attempts. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Same comment applies to Sent mail that's not on the server; you'll need to save any you wish to keep.

I'm not seeing this as an authentication issue as Tiscali and family mailboxes are found as active on the Mail platform. If there was a platform authentication issue I'd expect to see problems across the board and for both retrieving and sending mail not just for legacy domain sending.

Setting up afresh should check the server certificate and give the wanted fix...because it should work.  But right now I cannot absolutely guarantee that it will.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

On Bluemail the emails are not deleted from server on receipt. On Outlook, which I use as my master, email is deleted from server on receipt. But I have sent-emails on my Bluemail client that are only on that and I do not want to lose.

Are you telling me that my ONLY solution is to delete my account on Bluemail? With Outlook behaving the same way when trying to use the SMTP server, It seems to me that the problem lies with TallkTalk's authentication servers (which have given problems in the past).

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

If mail is not on the server but is downloaded only to your Bluemail Inbox then you will need to save wanted email messages before deleting.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

For incoming I'm using pop3 so my settings are same as you show except port 995.

For outgoing my settings are same as you show. When i do "next" it says "Error - cannot connect to server".

My outlook POP now finds emails but also is unable to send with either lineone or ticali address. In both cases it keeps asking for password. (which i am entering correctly).

I do not want to remove Bluemail email account because i'm afraid that all email history on the device will be cleared.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi maultby 

Make sure the phone is connected to Wi-fi and check you can access the Internet so the server check can be made.

The incoming server settings for Bluemail:

Username: full lineone email address

Password: lineone email password

IMAP server: mail.talktalk.net

Security: SSL/TLS (check certificate)

Authentication: PLAIN

Port: 993

What happens when you select NEXT?

The outgoing server settings for Bluemail:

SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security: STARTTLS (check certificate)

Port: 587

Require Sign in Ticked

Authentication: Automatic

Username: full lineone email address

Password: lineone email password

What happens when you select NEXT?

If still having problems when Edit Account is selected then Remove Account and set up manually with the above settings.

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 21

Lots of us are having these issues and the fix you say to do does not work. I'm afraid this is typical of TT and the service is appalling. We all rely on our email and yet we are given no prior notification. You guys on here try to help but this time the fix you have suggested does not work. Where is states we recommend to use TLSv1.2: where is that as I can't see it anywhere.

Email has now been down for 12 hours.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Have no idea what this means nor how it helps.

On Bluemail settings now, when it validates the edited smtp details for both my lineone and tiscali email addresses its says "cannot connect to server"

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

If the app has set up a new security certificate for the talktalk.net domain then sending will be authenticated if you're using the smtp.talktalk.net server authenticated with the tiscali.co.uk username and password - the spf file for tiscali.co.uk is the same for talktalk.net.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

With the new host names and ports and encryption settings Outlook persists in telling me "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't save your account settings. Please try again"

With  new host names and ports and encryption settings Bluemail finds the pop server and retrieves emails but smtp fails with Error 550 5.1.0 ...Sender Domain Invalid (TT420). 

I've checked and rechecked the settings and also tried variations.

This is why I hate changing email settings, it always causes problems and takes up far far far too much time!

Message 13 of 21

Hi maultby 

It's a clear indication that the DNS fail for the tiscali.co.uk host names shows that your Outlook and Bluemail are not yet upgraded with the talktalk.net host names.

Yes the server host names, secure settings and secure port numbers are for all TalkTalk Mail domains.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Gondola

Are these new server names and ports good for old lineone and tiscali email addresses for both Windows and Android?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

webmail works

Outlook from Office Professional Plus 2016 Version 2107.

Android 9 Bluemail 1.9.8.38.

But all worked fine yesterday evening, so it is unlikely to be the apps settings.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

it is

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 21

Hi maultby, there's a notfication of the service status board now. Keep an eye on it, but you'll see that it's working when the fix is put in place. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 21

Hi maultby, please make sure the affected email address is in your community profile so that we can raise an incident for this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 21

Hi maultby, can you confirm your webmail is working normally and let me have your client versions because I know I'll be asked for them. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi maultby 

Looks like there's a DNS fail for the tiscali domain.

Have you tried webmail?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Are you using the recommended settings for TalkTalk Mail?

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

0 Likes