email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows mail getting emails to talktalk account but not getting attachments

oldfogie
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

I have a clients account ( ****@talktalk.net) set up on windows mail (windows 10 20H1)

after some messing around its working but attachments are not being downloaded.
Client can access them on other devices and on webmail but not on windows mail.

(I do hate windows mail)

Is it a talktalk setting or windows mail setting that is preventing this?

Help please

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi oldfogie, it looks like Gondolas got you sorted. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi oldfogie 

She is getting attachments in Windows Mail. You're just not looking in the right place or at the right message that has the attachment.

You have the Windows Mail message display list grouped by conversation. So, as you can tell from the > arrow icon you're not looking at the same message but the first message in the group.

Click on the 'A Bowerbank' message and you'll see the whole group open up for display. Then you can select the message with the attachment icon.

If you want individual messages:

• Select Account Settings cog icon bottom left
  • Select from the Settings menu the Message list item
  • Then in the Organisation section
    Select the radio button Individual messages

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

thanks @Gondola 

regardless, she is getting attachments on other devices and NOT when picked up with windows mail.  As you can see the bowerbank email has an attachment paperclip in webmail but NOT in WMail.  Also on opening the email in WMail there is no attachment - but in webmail, there IS.  Puzzling

in winmailin winmailin webmailin webmail

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @oldfogie 

The only Windows Mail Account setting is to download full messages and internet images.

The presence of an attachment is indicated, as usual, by the paperclip icon to the right of the mail message when presented in the List view.

The attachment will be seen as a block in the Detail view when the mail message is selected.

If the attachment is an image, for example, then the image will be displayed and can be selected to give the option to, on a right click, Open or Save.

If the attachment is a pdf file then the pdf icon will be shown along with the file name and size and can be selected to give the option to, on a right click, Open or Save. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes