email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet more problems! Unable to verify account name or Line One password

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 10

I can scarcely believe I am again having to post here on another TALK TALK  problem - only 48 hours since the last one!

I am now getting messages on my Mac when I open the mail app saying:

"Can't connect to the account "Lineone"

"Enter the password for user [my name]@lineone.net"

I do that - I know the password is correct - and I get a message saying:

"Unable to verify account name or password".

To say I am dissatisfied with the service I get from TALK TALK doesn't even begin to reflect my opinion of them....

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Fizzbin2000, if you've got a working version then clearing the other 2 would be the right way to go. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Fizzbin2000, if you use the TalkTalk settings rather than the Tiscali settings you'll find that if a DNS issue crops up again you won't see any adverse effects from it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 10

Two of my Line One accounts are listed as IMAP and one as POP

When I open my Mail application there are two options  on the left hand menu - Lineone 2021 (newly created) which seems to be working and has received at least one e-mail in the last few minutes.

The other one ("Lineone") has what looks like a lighting icon by it and does not work.  When I connect to that I get the "Cannot connect to the account "LineOne" message and a request for my password which it then rejects even though it exactly the same password it did accept when I set up the new version of my Lineone account (2021) only 10 minutes ago (!)

Maybe all I do now is disable the old Lineone account (IMAP) and the POP version (listed under my e-mail address) and carry on with the new IMAP Lineone 2021 account?

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 10

Hi Gondola

I updated my settings again - see screen grab above - and when I entered my password (the same for both) to the Incoming and Outgoing Server boxes it did save it a new Line One account was created.  I called it Line One 2021 to differentiate it from the others as I now have three (!) of them - see below:

TALK.HELL.03.jpg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

Hi Fizzbin2000 

I'd start from the basics and ask you to check that the lineone email address is added to your TalkTalk home broadband customer MyAccount.

Email not showing in My Account

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 10

TALK TALK - can I get some help on this please.

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 10

When I click Save I get this message:

TALK.HELL.02.jpg

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 10

In the Mail app on my Mac I have gone to my accounts and changed the settings for incoming and outgoing sever - as I was told 48 hours ago when dealing with another issue :

TALK.HELL.01.jpg

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 9 of 10

Is this another case where I have to update "Legacy" settings?

When I access my e-mail account settings on my Mac (under "System Preferences") and select my Line One account (it first asks me for my password and then rejects it - even though it is correct) I click on "Advanced" and get a new window that says:

"Hostname:  imap.tiscali.co.uk"

"Path Prefix:   Box is blank"

Do I need to make changes there?  To the hostname box only or both?

Exasperating....

0 Likes