email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription

GeoffThorpe
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I think something happened to my payments as it has been about a year since I was setup to use Talk Talk Email plus during a transfer from Pipex.

My email client (google) stopped working and after much searching I found a notification on my Tal Talk account (I did not receive any emails/alerts) about a missed payment of £5.  I thought I was a paying £50 per year - not monthly!

How do I establish an ongoing contract to use Email Plus?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

The escalation has been closed. I've reraised it so that the bar can be lifted for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe, thanks for confirming the security information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe, I can take a look at your account for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Message 4 of 9

OK, that means it is a MailPlus MyAccount because it cannot be anything else. And you said that there was a note about missing a payment for MailPlus so effectively the account is suspended.

Does the account allow you to make a one-off payment of £5 (the missing monthly payment that was mentioned) so as to get the account active once more? When active it ought to allow the setting up of a Direct Debit but you might need to go via Customer Service if it offers only the option of monthly direct debits.

The other route is to see if the online MailPlus application will validate the email address as being accepted for a MailPlus subscription.  It might not and in that case would return an error message indicating: "It looks like you’re already an existing TalkTalk customer. Please login to My Account to manage your email account."

But if the validation is accepted then you could make a new application and set up an annual Direct Debit.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Neither of the above!    I had to phone customer services for them to activate a new account for me when TalkTalk took over my pipex email.  I dont have talk talk broadband  or any other talk talk product.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Did TalkTalk Customer Service set up MailPlus by adding it to your former MyAccount that was active before you left TalkTalk Broadband?

Or did you sign up yourself via the MailPlus application after leaving TalkTalk Broadband?

0 Likes

GeoffThorpe
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the swift response. However I cant setup a direct debit as my `Manage Payment Method` screen shows

"Unfortunately you won't be able to manage your payment method just yet.
If you are new to TalkTalk please check back once your services are up and running."

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe 

If you've missed a payment for TalkTalk MailPlus then your mailbox will be limited to webmail access only until the account is credited with the missing payment(s). The best way is to make good the payment(s) via your MailPlus MyAccount.

Normally, MailPlus requires a Direct Debit to be set up in your MailPlus MyAccount so that's the way to establish an ongoing contract.  Set up a Direct Debit via your MyAccount or via Customer Services.

When you no longer require the email address you can either delete the address in your MyAccount (MailPlus billing ceases immediately) or you call to cancel (MailPlus billing ceases after 30 days' notice but the mailbox remains available via webmail only for 2 years in order to respond to any contacts during that 2 year run-down period. 

Let us know if you need further guidance.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

0 Likes