email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom invites not arriving in TT webmail

teddybear47
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Since the end of January, zoom invites sent from no-reply@zoom.us do not arrive in my inbox. I have checked spam, added the address to my contacts, I have nowhere near exceeded my storage allowance. I got so fed up this morning when being told by the talk organiser that the invite had been sent and resent, that I decided to re register for the talk using my gmail. And BINGO! the zoom invite dropped into my gmail inbox within a minute. Can any one help with this, or should I give up on TT webmail? It seems unlikely that TT does not recognise a zoom invite! This problem is only where the invite is issued direct by the talk organiser's zoom account. If they send an email from their own account with the zoom link in it, there is no problem.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi teddybear47, please add the affected email address to your community profile so that I can raise the fault ticket for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi teddybear47 

Thanks for confirming there are no filter rules defined for your mailbox.

The experience of other members would suggest that the TalkTalk network filters have spam tagged the zoom invitations. (no-reply@zoom.us) but it is interesting that this problem is only where the invite is issued direct by the talk organiser's zoom account. If they send an email from their own account with the zoom link in it, there is no problem.

TalkTalk Staff will pick this up on Tuesday.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

teddybear47
Team Player
Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your advice. I have done as suggested and it does say there is no rule defined. The most recent talk where I had a problem, they said that four people out of around180 applicants had the same issue, all TT email addresses.

Regards

Jane

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi teddybear47, Gondola's given you great advice. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

What did you find?

I ask because the email admins will not accept any ticket for investigation unless you confirm that there's no filter rules defined.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @teddybear47 

Seems strange that we haven't yet heard of others having problems with Zoom invitations.

It's possible, that as Zoom uses a hosting service for their outgoing mail, the incoming mail could be blocked either by the network filters or by a Filter rule set up in your mailbox. So we should check the mailbox first and TalkTalk will check the network filters.

Enter your talktalk email address, select Continue if prompted.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines top right side of the header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • To disable an active Filter rule, select Disable for the Filter rule
  • To delete a Filter rule, select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the Filter rule and confirm by selecting the Delete button

If there is nothing set up in your mailbox to divert or redirect mail incoming to your mailbox you should see the following when selecting Filter Rules in the side panel:

Filter rules - There is no rule defined

Let us know what you find.