email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing and setting up talktalk emails on all devices

adsdathome
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

I followed all steps on Talk Talk guidance pages and according to my devices successfully set up the talktalk email addresses but subsequently recived notification of an error warning that "We couldn't access this account. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sink to this device."

I then get notification "your talktalk settings are out of date". Could there be an error with talktalk server?

I have existing tiscali and line one email addresses which continue to function on all devices, including a new phone but not the talktalk email addresses. I have had very poor support from technical  chat line and don't know what to do next. Can someone help?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 16

Then we need to reset your password for the second one for you. Please add the following to your profile and I'll get the password reset this morning for you. 

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Thanks, still unable to access 2nd talktalk account on any device but following additional support info regarding setting up acct on android phone I have successfully set up first talktalk account on new phone. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Ok the first talktalk email is affected by the current incident and you can track that on the service status page. The second one will work with a password reset. If you can reset the password on the second one and wait 15 minutes before login. If you're still having problems with it come back to me. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Ady

Thank you for your patience. I can send an email on tiscali.co.uk to the tiscali email account. Similarly I can send an email from lineone.net account to itself.  I cannot access either of the talktalk acounts so cannot send or recive on these.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Can you send mail to yourself? The IP message doesn't relate to the mailbox repair. If you can't send back to yourself I.E. from example@talktalk.net to example@talktalk.net then we've got to raise a fault ticket. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Ady

Whatever you did to fix talktalk email account has now left me in the situation of not being able to send emails from the two accounts that wete functioning ie a tiscali anccount and a line one account. This is part of the message I received when emails were returned, undeliverable:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

commandsupport@sargentltd.co.uk

(ultimately generated from support@swiftcommand.co.uk)

host mail.sargentltd.co.uk [87.102.68.226]

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<commandsupport@sargentltd.co.uk>:

550 195.26.90.113 is not allowed to send mail from lineone.net

and

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

commandsupport@sargentltd.co.uk

(ultimately generated from support@swiftcommand.co.uk)

host mail.sargentltd.co.uk [87.102.68.226]

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<commandsupport@sargentltd.co.uk>:

550 195.26.90.113 is not allowed to send mail from tiscali.co.uk

Please please can someone sort this out!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thanks Ady

I tried logging back into the two different talktalk email accounts but failed to get past error message about needing to change password or permission to synching this device to account. As you suggetsed I then went into My account and changed the password for one of the email talktalk accounts and this made no difference. After a longer wait than before when message said retrieving my emails, it then reverted to same error message.  The notifications "talktalk settings are out of date" pop up on all devices. I cannot set up the account on a new ios phone. Perhaps I should change to another email account that works - any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi adsdathome, I've run repairs on both mail accounts. If that doesn't clear the problem then I'd log in to MyAccount and you can reset the passwords for both accounts in manage webmail there.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

...Jolly good. ...Give the OCE a day or two to reply.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Thanks for reply. I have added info 're non functioning email addresses to info on personal profile.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

...and what is the 'usual email account' / email client software or app name? for example, Outlook or Thunderbird or Windows Mail?

Also just check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the talktalk email accounts to Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the email accounts.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Further to last email. I forgot to say I cannot send emails from the talktalk email accounts. My tiscali and lineone accounts send & receive.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi adsdathome

It's good that webmail works. You've got access to your emails and you know the password works which is good.

What is the 'usual email account' / email client software or app name?

Can you send emails using that email account?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Thank you for your reply. I can access talktal k email accounts via web Mail but not via usual email account.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @adsdathome

For the TalkTalk.net emails can you access them via webmail?

What device and email client or email app are you using when you get the error messages? 

If the email client is Outlook then save the emails locally, delete the email account(s) and set up new accounts. You may need to set up a new profile: In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles

Here are the settings for talktalk.net email apps for both IMAP and POP3 email accounts.

0 Likes