email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send emails

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 18

Something I sent my Mum over the weekend never reached her, but shows as being "sent" in webmail [from my @talktalk.net address].

Now I have just tried to send a reply to a choir for a rota and although it says it is sending and OK, there is no sign of it being sent in the webmail "sent" box. 

What is going on here? I have no idea how long this has actually been going on ....

A total waster of time. I will have to try to do the whole thing again from hotmail or gmail.

They are free services and seem to get it right most of the time. Sometimes we just don't get what we pay for, TalkTalk!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
17 REPLIES 17

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 18

Hi Gliwmaeden2, you don't pay for TalkTalk email either. Have you got bounce back messages? If not then it could have failed anywhere in the process. How many recipients are in the choir mail? Are other mails to single recipients working?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Talktalk only gives out Talktalk addresses to those who pay for its services therefore it is a "paid for" service, NOT FREE to all and sundry. I would only have access to it for a limited period if I left TT, unlike gmail or hotmail.

I am getting no bounce back messages whatsoever but these are increasingly not being used reliably by mail providers generally.

The choir rota reply was only to the single sender and copied to one other person.

Message 4 of 18

We have well over half a million mail accounts that are used by non talktalk customers. Email was never really considered an essential part of our packages which is why in the early years it was neglected as was webspace hosting. 

If you copy yourself into the mails to the choir and the other recipient do you get your copy? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Dear Ady

They never explained how little they valued the email service when we first signed up but it does rather explain a lot that was never honestly admitted before! So how long do we get to keep the address if we leave? Are all these extra users past customers or can anyone just use this service?

I'll try sending the choir reply to myself later on when I have time to switch on the PC. TT emails don't function at all from this smartphone.

Message 6 of 18

The reason email was provided was that it was part of other suppliers packages. Our priority was to drive down the price of Broadband and phone services for all and we've succeeded. BT are no longer able to control pricing and every customer has a wide choice and real value options. Over the years since millions have been spent on Email to maintain and improve the service. At present if you leave and keep your email active you can use it indefinitely. You should be able to use webmail from any device it's mobile friendly. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Thanks, that's helpful to know re keeping the Talktalk.net address active. Hope to get to the PC in next 24 hrs. I see many people are having problems with replies.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

I'm not aware of many problems with replies. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Several people have reported this problem on the community this week!

I have now tried to reply to a message forwarded from one of my other accounts and that worked fine.

The original choir rota one showed as going through the sending process but did not in fact send. Nothing was saved in my sent box and I have now found one copy in drafts and I never saved it there as it was supposed to be sending.

I will have to gradually inform all those who correspond with me and all my subscriptions to change my contact address to hotmail / gmail. I do not trust Talktalk email any more.

For every contact I inform of a different contact address Talktalk loses the advertising you thought you were gaining from the email address.

How can it possibly have been at all wise to undervalue the importance of your webmail service to your customers? You have neglected this aspect of TT's service at your peril!

Message 10 of 18

I raised this as an incident this morning but all the testing isn't showing a fault and those that were faulty are now working. Are you now able to send but still not forward?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Not really able to get anything done this evening as the page ended up not responding. This happens quite frequently, and is not happening on other websites.

All I managed to get done was clear a few messages from my inbox, but even that took a disproportionate amount of time. I try to select as many as possible to delete at one click, but after I tick a few boxes the page sort of jumps [usually too much advertising showing at the sides of the screen, despite this supposed to be being blocked, and when it is too heavy this jerky/sticky screen gets worse] and I end up with one email being open or available to delete and have to go through the whole process, sometimes time and time again.

Message 12 of 18

Are you now able to send and forward emails?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

They are working fine at the moment. 

Just still having problems when I tick multiple boxes to delete the ones I don't need to keep, and within seconds all but one box loses its ticks and I have to start all over again!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Does the same thing happen in another browser?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

I won't be anywhere near a PC today - will experiment with other browsers in the course of the week and get back to you later. This problem is occurring consistently in Edge, but I'd been reading my emails forwarded to gmail so it only shows when I log in to Talktalk webmail when I am doing a big tidy up, but then can't as it is so slow when it auto unticks!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 18

No problem deleting quite a few at once this evening, still using Edge. Quite a relief to have a steadier page to work with!

Thanks for looking into it.

Message 18 of 18

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

0 Likes