email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you regain access to an old email account that's been deactivated?

Sarah_Louise
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My Facebook account was hacked and all the info was changed meaning I don't have any access to it, and my old tt email account is the only email attached to my Facebook. So is it possible to re-open my old tt email even if it's been deactivated for over 3 years?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Sarah_Louise, Gondola is right. We can't restore deleted mailboxes. If the mailbox is only suspended then if you are able to confirm the necessary security information we should be able to unsuspend it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Sarah_Louise 

If the email address is deleted then there's no way for TalkTalk to verify you as the former registered user to allow access because everything previously linked to the address is deleted.

You can check if an email account is still active in a number of ways:

• Send the email address a message and see if you get an immediate 'Undeliverable' bounceback error message
  • Check for deliverability at this website and see if that confirms Deliverable
  • Try the Forgotten password button to see if you have password recovery options and if you get a message indicating the mailbox is deleted

Let us know the outcome of each and we'll guide you from there if there's any doubt about the mailbox being deleted.

Have you not got a way to prove to Facebook that you are the registered user? They normally ask you to link to friends to verify you as the user.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution