email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot add talktalk mail to gmail on new tablet

joannie-ask
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I cannot add talktalk account to gmail on my new tablet. All I get is cannot open connection to server.  I use IMAP and have tried all possible combjnations of security levels, old galaxy tab has incoming security none port 143 and works fine. This also worked on gmail on my phone a year ago

Joannie
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi joannie-ask, please post back and let us know how you got on with Gondola's advice. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Hi joannie-ask 

How's the setup of Gmail going? All too easy or still need some guidance?

We do appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi joannie-ask, Gondola will see you right. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi joannie-ask 

So long as the password is strong, you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer and the email address is showing in your customer MyAccount, Manage TalkTalk Mail, My Mailboxes list then the Incoming and Outgoing server settings you require to set up an active TalkTalk Mail account are here:

Account Type  IMAP
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Security type SSL/TLS
Require Sign in Yes (green switch on)
Username Full email address
Password Email password
SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Security type STARTTLS

It's important that the email address is added to a current TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution