cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cant access my talktalk email and cannot change password on my talk talk account

4 REPLIES 4
merlin3rich
First Timer

Hi, Im unable to access my talk talk email as I cannot remember my password. My recovery option for this is my talk talk email and I can certainly not see anywhere in my settings where I can enter recovery details. I have a telephone password though. So no sarcasm please as I've seen in other threads for others who have had the same issues. Also I can access my talkTalk account via cached saved credentials but cannot change the password as i cannot remember the old one! What a mess can anyone help me please at the current time? cannot get through on the phone either as the line says its closed.

Thanks

rich

Rich
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Rich

You're saving logins so have you saved the login for the talktalk mail sign in here?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

merlin3rich
First Timer
No the password for the email isnt saved just on my main account
Rich
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Rich

I thought I'd ask because if you had saved the login the browser could have revealed the password to you.  It would save a lot of time waiting for TalkTalk to set up an alternate email address and mobile number as your new Reset details for password recovery.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security details
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When you're verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

merlin3rich
First Timer
Hi Gondola, preferences all updated. Thx for this so far you have been most helpful. 🙂
Rich