email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create new email account

Rayjan
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

Been trying to create a new/additional mail box in My A/c - manage email & keep getting the following error message, can anyone help please as I need to sort this asap

"The email address or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again."

RAY
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

You're very welcome Ray.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 12

Thanks Gondola, I'm now up & running with both email a/c's in one place following your advice, you've been very helpful

RAY

Message 3 of 12

I should add the suggestion about the error message has been made before and so far we've had no change. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 12

Great to see Gondola's hard work reaping rewards again. It's great to see Rayjan posted back to say thanks. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 12

Hi Ray

No worries, that's why I'm here to support you. 

If the email addresses are both for you and you wish to have just one webmail sign in to see multiple email accounts then I have a solution for you.

To add an existing email account to TalkTalk Mail:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your primary talktalk.net email address and password, select Sign in.

In the left pane below the folders you'll see a link Add email account. This is to add an existing secondary or external email account to the primary sign in.

• Select Add email account
    A window will appear
  • Enter your other email address and password
  • Select Add

Unified email.png

Does your email account get added ok?

If that's good, now, when using webmail you'll just sign in to the primary talktalk.net mailbox and you'll see all accounts via the one primary sign in.  For the secondary email account folders just select the inward facing arrowhead to show their folders. Unread mail in the Inbox is indicated by a number after the Inbox folder.

You can also send mail from an added account when composing mail messages.

Doesn't stop you signing out and signing in to each account individually should you need to adjust individual account settings. 

Message 6 of 12

Once again, thank you.

Didn't realise that I had to sign out & then sign in to my new a/c, I just thought they would be on the same mail screen under different addresses.

I wish TT would explain things a bit more as I'm getting on a bit for all this techno!

Ray

RAY
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

What is it that you're adding your new mailbox address to? Device / Operating system / Email Software e.g. Laptop / Windows 11 / Outlook 2021.

Test that it's working correctly in TalkTalk Mail webmail. If you're already signed in to another mailbox via webmail then sign out of that first before signing in to the new mailbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your new talktalk.net email address in full and enter its password, select Sign in.

Compose and send the same address a message to check the message is copied to the Sent objects folder and arrives in its Inbox. Just to make sure it is fully active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Message 8 of 12

thaks again, could you help me with adding my new email to my account, it won't auto configure, can't establish a secure connection message

RAY
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Ray

I agree with you. It should be easy for the check on validity to return an error message advising that the email address is not available and to choose another. But the fail just picks out a rather vague "Something went wrong"...

Great that I helped you solve the issue. We do appreciate you taking time out to give us the feedback.

Message 10 of 12

Thank you so much Gondola, that sorted it all out. It's just a pity that the error message did not advise me to choose another mail address to start with I could have had this all sorted yesterday without bothering you.

RAY

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi Ray

You can have up to 5 TalkTalk Mail email addresses. The route to creating a new mailbox in your MyAccount is illustrated by these screenshots. Have another try to create a unique email address and we'll hopefully avoid the error message.

In MyAccount select Manage TalkTalk Mail.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

And select Create a mailbox

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Create a mailbox.png

The process can fail even after the apparent acceptance of green ticks for the local part of the talktalk.net email address because the green tick is just checking the validity of the input characters. 

Only when the password is entered and validated does the system check that the email address has not already been created.

The error message is not helpful in this regard because all you have to do is retry until you do find a new unique email address never before used.  The active email address database and the archive database are checked. For security, you cannot recreate an old email address even though it's not active. 

Error - Create a mailbox.png

When you've successfully created a new and unique mailbox address you'll see that address added to the My Mailboxes list and a green success banner will be shown.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Confirmation of creating a mailbox.png