email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsl.pipex account hacked

PaulFairhurst
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

OCE_Ady   Can you please arrange an urgent password reset for me as my account has been hacked and I'm being blackmailed for Money. I have included all my info in the private notes.

For info...I have also notified the hacking to the National Fraud & Cyber Crime Reporting Centre

Paul G
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi PaulFairhurst, I've put a chase on the fault ticket for you and you should get a call today. Re the rejected by server issue. Have you rmoved the account from the mail app and added it again. Sometimes mail clients hold the old information even when the password has been changed. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi

You asked me to let you know if no one contacts me...

As yet no one has been in touch, I did get a call on Tuesday about my original problem, the person just gave me my new password again, when I asked about my wife's password he said talktalk would be contacting me.

I do still have a problem since you changed my email password and that is I cannot send any emails from my iphone or ipad but I can receive them. The message I get is "rejected by server"

Thanks

Paul G
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

I've raised the fault ticket Paul, again this can take 3-5 working days. If you don't hear by Friday post back to chase it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, it's good to hear that you don't think my account was hacked but if it was just a phishing email then how did they know the majority of my password.

Yes I would like my wifes password changing please, I have put her email in my personal notes.

Thank you

Paul

Paul G
0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Paul, the security team and the email admins have confirmed that this is not a hacking issue. They've spoofed your email address to send a phishing mail. Your mail accounts aren't at risk. If you still want us to reset your wife's email password just add her mail address and we'll reset it and call you with the new password. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi, I still have a problem, my wifes email is still using the old password and at risk with the hackers. Any chance someone could give me a call to discuss changing the password? My contact number is in my private notes.

Thanks

Paul G
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi, yes it did contain all my password but it also had two extra numbers in front of the password.

Thanks

Paul G
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hello and thanks a lot for you help.

I would like to reset the password on my dsl account and if possible set up mail forwarding.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi francisade, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi francisade, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

I mean the "sent from" box on the sender's email.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Fortunately no. But the sent mail box had my exact email address. This is what I found disconcerting.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Can I ask, did the email sent to you include the correct password? I don't need you to tell me anymore than yes or no. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

That's great, thanks for posting back to let us know. 

0 Likes

francisade
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

Hello my dsl.pipex.com email account has also been hacked.

Is there any help out there for getting the password reset?

It does not work using the Talk Talk control panel.

Also I would like to set up mail forwarding for this account.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

All seems to be working now...thank you.

Paul G

Message 17 of 19

Thank you OCE_Ady for helping me get it sorted.

I had a call from Chris this morning, he was very helpful and sorted things out for me.

I have received another threat from the hackers today but hopefully they now can't get into my account.

There is still a problem with my emails since the password was changed by Chris, and that is I can't send emails, I do receive them ok but can't send from any of my devices. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. The error message I get is...'The server responded: 535 5.1.0 Authentication required for off network connections'

Thanks

Paul G
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi PaulFairhurst, I've raised the fault ticket for you and I'd expect you to get a call very soon. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes