email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address blocked

richardhogg
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Until recently (last 3 months) I have received emails from address 'longcliffegolfclub@hdid.co.uk' but now messages from this address seem to be blocked.

Is there a way of solving this problem?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi richardhogg, I've sent you a personal message to get more inforrmation.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your help. Yes this problem still exists and I am looking for the solution.

Richard

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Richard, do you still need help with this?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi Richard

I haven't had any reply to this topic here in Community. Please sign back in to Community to reply.

I've had a look back at a previous issue involving the hdid.co.uk domain. Then there was an issue with the sparkpost mail sender suppressing sending to an email address.

So, if this is the same type of issue involving the sparkpost mail service then that'll show up in the email header. Sparkpost do suppress sending to email addresses if they've had mail bounced back as undeliverable. This means the originator of the mail (presumably the golf club or the golf club's booking agent) would need to request that mail sending is resumed by requesting the mail sender they're using to disable the suppression on sending.

Or, as a pragmatic workaround, get your golf mail sent to a different email address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Richard

Is this the golf club in Loughborough?

The email address you've quoted is not the same as the one used to contact the golf club.  But neither address seems to have an SPF file set up to allow TalkTalk to check the authenticity of the sender. Unauthenticated mail is unlikely to be accepted.

TalkTalk would need to see the email header to identify the actual sender to see how that's being sent and authenticated as genuine.  Do you happen to have the last email received? What's the Return-Path address? This is usually the very first record in the email header.

To display the email header in a pop-up window:

• Display the email detail view
  • Select the triple line actions menu icon (to the right of Reply Reply all Forward Delete)
  • Select the View Source menu item

OR from the email list view:

• Select the email
  • Select the triple line More actions icon from the toolbar
  • Select the View Source menu item

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution