email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email blocked

boring piddock
Participant
Message 23 of 23

My wife uses a talktalk.net email account that I set up on my talktalk broadband many years ago.  This has now been blocked.  I can't re-add it to my account as we don't have the email password anymore and can't access the webmail without the password, and can't change the email password without accessing webmail.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

It's definitely been done now. Please let us know if you need anything more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

OK - thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

I've resubmitted the request. I've never had one fail to complete within the 24 hour window. If this hasn't completed within 24 hours I'll have to escalate it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Ady

Can I just be clear what I need doing.  I have an additional email address that was linked to my account, but is no longer linked and has been blocked.  I can't add it back again as I do not have the password and I need to reset the password for that address.  To do that I need you to change the address to send the rest link to for that account.  The addtionanla address and the address I need the reset password link to go to are both in the personal info section of my community profile

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi Ady - no, nothing has changed.  The email address I need to change the password for is in the private notes of my community profile

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi boring piddock, has the change completed now? If it has do you need anything else? 

Ady

Message 7 of 23

Done. I've asked him to Personal Message you to positively confirm the email address to set up new Reset Details for and its password recovery alternate email address and mobile number.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 23

Thanks.  Ady didn't ask for anything other than to follow a link to confim my account details.  I did put the additional email address in my community profile, as you suggested, but I haven't given an alternative email address to send the reset link to, so yes, please message Ady

Message 9 of 23

The password recovery reset details will be the alternative email address and mobile phone number that I assume Ady asked you for and you provided by Personal Message. 

If Ady didn't ask or you didn't give then the Reset Details should be confirmed with Ady. Do you wish me to push a message into his workflow to check this with you?

Message 10 of 23

My apologies - I forgot about that - I'm just getting a bit of pressure to get this sorted. Will the result be that the password reset address for my wife's email will be switched to my email address?

Thanks again for your help

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi boring piddock 

In my very first reply to you I asked that the email address needing recovery be added to your Private notes. 

If you did so then Ady would be able to see that email address and use that to set up new password recovery reset details.

Do you need anything else?

Message 12 of 23

Thanks, Ady.  I'm still not sure how I can move forward.  I need to add a .talktalk address as an additional address to my account - this is how it was initially set up.  I don't have the password, so can't do that.  Nobody has asked what that email address is, so how can anyone update the password reset tool.  This is my wife's email address and she is curerntly locked out of all her emails, which is beginning to cause problems

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Thanks for confirming the security settings. I've requested the update to the Password Reset Tool for you. You'll be able to see when the update is complete by intermittently checking at Password Reset Tool

Ady

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi boring piddock, I can help you get those reset details change so that you can retake ownership of the mailbox. Whilst we're doing this I'd suggest that all devices used for this mailbox are scanned for viruses and malware to avoid losing control again. 

I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Thanks very much - greatly appreciated

Message 16 of 23

Hi boring piddock 

The unrecognised email address in password recovery means that the mailbox has been hacked because someone discovered the password.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and secure the account to lock out the hacker, then set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

Message 17 of 23

Thanks - you've got it right.  I tried the rest password - the only options are the email address I can't access any more and a fake-looking email address that I don't recognise, ending in .bih.me

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

If I understand correctly, the email address was linked to a previous MyAccount but has not been added to the current customer MyAccount.  Therefore, because it's not been added to the current customer MyAccount it's been restricted to webmail only access and was flagged for deletion pending being added to an active customer MyAccount.

So, we just need to get that email address, if it's still active, added to your MyAccount assuming you have a spare slot in the 5 mailbox addresses available.

I asked you to try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.  Do you get an error message or do you see more than the reset sent to the mailbox in question?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Still a talktalk broadband customer.  This is relating to a second email address that we've been using from the beginning, but seems to be no longer linked to the main account

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

I guess you're no longer a TalkTalk consumer home broadband customer? When did you receive the mail message from TalkTalk about restricting the email address to webmail only? Around 2 months ago?

0 Likes